Home

He's Playing, But not at 100%

This is a discussion on He's Playing, But not at 100% within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 7
He's Playing, But not at 100%

How many times in the real NFL, do we see guys fight through nagging or lingering injuries just to get on the field? Big Ben fought through a shoulder problem, Boldin was troubled byy a hamstring, and Tomlinson fought through a... NVM on the last one.

Anyway, In madden all the players are either injured or they arent. There is no effect on a player who is having ankle or knee problems, nor is there any hesitation by said player to play like he could reinjure himself...

Just a thought I'd like to see people comment on, but would or wouldn't you like to see real-life effects of a player and his injury through his ratings and possibly aggressiveness? It would add a lot of depth to franchise mode, to have to have a guy who can come in off the bench because your starting WR is having a hard time getting off the line. It would also be very realistic and would effect the play of the team just like an injured Peyton Manning stalled the Colts for the first part of the season last year.

*Let me clear, I read part of this somewhere and if that person would like to take credit, by all means make yourself heard. I just thought it was great and needed to be seen or at least commented on.*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2009, 08:14 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: He's Playing, But not at 100%

I think they should put in the health system from Head Coach but improve it.

In Head Coach you could possibly have a player with 0 health in one of his body parts play at full speed without any issues until he got hurt...

I suggest that they change the players stats for the less unhealthy they are the less they will be able to perform.

Ex. QB starts with 100% health all around. gets big hit on his throwing arm and chest alot and by the end of the season his health in both his arm and chest should be much lower like 40% from throwing all season and getting hit. He would get a deduction to his throw power and/or throw acc.

Ex. HB starts with 100% health all around. He runs the ball 400 times by the end of teh season he will have considerably less health in all of his body parts and wont be able to run with same as he did in the first game because he will have his speed,strength,agilty,all his running abilities reduced.

Add that with the fact a player with lower health in a body part that will get hurt more often will make the game more realisitc.

EDIT:
A player at the end of the season will start to rehab and recouparate. As a player gets older he wont be able to rehab as well/if he is really hurt their health will not be able to get back as high unless you do special rehab programs for them.

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 03-10-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25

I'd love to see players fight through lasting injuriesduring a game. I think the entire injury system needs work. Instead of having players get injured leave the game, and come back several times in a game with really no side effects of the injuries...

...they should just have limping animations where a guy runs hurt, or carries his arm like Derrick Mason did when he beat my Cowboys with one arm last season.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:40 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
I'd love to see players fight through lasting injuriesduring a game. I think the entire injury system needs work. Instead of having players get injured leave the game, and come back several times in a game with really no side effects of the injuries...

...they should just have limping animations where a guy runs hurt, or carries his arm like Derrick Mason did when he beat my Cowboys with one arm last season.
A cowboy fan not bringing up Emmit Smith's famous one arm/shoulder game where he ran for something like 170 yards I think lol. Tons of players play hurt and it would be nice to see something besides probable-season ending status for players.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmccormi
How many times in the real NFL, do we see guys fight through nagging or lingering injuries just to get on the field? Big Ben fought through a shoulder problem, Boldin was troubled byy a hamstring, and Tomlinson fought through a... NVM on the last one.

Anyway, In madden all the players are either injured or they arent. There is no effect on a player who is having ankle or knee problems, nor is there any hesitation by said player to play like he could reinjure himself...

Just a thought I'd like to see people comment on, but would or wouldn't you like to see real-life effects of a player and his injury through his ratings and possibly aggressiveness? It would add a lot of depth to franchise mode, to have to have a guy who can come in off the bench because your starting WR is having a hard time getting off the line. It would also be very realistic and would effect the play of the team just like an injured Peyton Manning stalled the Colts for the first part of the season last year.

*Let me clear, I read part of this somewhere and if that person would like to take credit, by all means make yourself heard. I just thought it was great and needed to be seen or at least commented on.*
In game you can actually put injured players back in if the injury isn't to bad. Their rating takes a bit of a hit playing hurt.

I'm 99.99% sure this is in Madden 09.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2009, 08:54 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
A cowboy fan not bringing up Emmit Smith's famous one arm/shoulder game where he ran for something like 170 yards I think lol. Tons of players play hurt and it would be nice to see something besides probable-season ending status for players.

lol...I'm trying real hard not to make everything be about my Cowboys...lol

...lol...I could bring up a few games...but out of respect to all those Giants, Eagles, and redskins fans out there...I'll pipe down on the home team love...lol
Old 03-10-2009, 09:01 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 27

It would be real sweet if they had a sideline reporter tell us like they do on TV:

"Well guys, I just spoke to the Jets team trainer about Thomas Jones' status. They're taping him up on the bench as we speak. He'll be back in the game soon, but they tell me his knee isn't 100% so it'll be interesting to see how he manages for the rest of the game."

I'm not even going to say which game had that before... you already know
Old 03-10-2009, 09:02 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickywal
In game you can actually put injured players back in if the injury isn't to bad. Their rating takes a bit of a hit playing hurt.

I'm 99.99% sure this is in Madden 09.
Hmmm, either I guess I didn't notice or was unaware as the frequency of injuries lasting beyond 1 quarter was nonexistent. I don't have the game anymore, so I was posting out of what I thought I could remember...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »