Home

Old 03-29-2009, 10:53 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Superstar Mode

This is a great post. I agree with the OP completely. SS mode has a lot of potential. I think it could make the jump to a standalone game if enough presentation is added to it. It still baffles my mind to think that a crappy game like NFL Tour was a standalone and not SS.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:09 PM   #10
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Each time I see people talking about SS mode I se two camps. Those who feel SS is a great idea that was executed terribly and has hopes for the futer, and those who really haven't even tried it and could care less.

I can't think of a single serious post that said they LIKE the was SS mode is right now, and I also can't think of a reason why someone would.

SS needs a SERIOUS overhaul and it will likely come NEXT year for M11. Ian and co. are doing what appears to be a good job on the core elements of Madden and have said before that once the fundamentals are sound, then they can turn their attention to the finer points.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:14 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Each time I see people talking about SS mode I se two camps. Those who feel SS is a great idea that was executed terribly and has hopes for the futer, and those who really haven't even tried it and could care less.

I can't think of a single serious post that said they LIKE the was SS mode is right now, and I also can't think of a reason why someone would.

SS needs a SERIOUS overhaul and it will likely come NEXT year for M11. Ian and co. are doing what appears to be a good job on the core elements of Madden and have said before that once the fundamentals are sound, then they can turn their attention to the finer points.
what you are saying makes sense..but you do realize that if what you're saying is true..this will be the second year that superstar mode went without changes..TWO YEARS!??..Is that ok? Im happy with what there doing with franchise mode..but if they do absolutely nothing to improve superstar mode..which isnt that hard to do since it has nothing..I would be very dissapointed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 06:18 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deli
I've always thought SS mode had some great potential but ultimately fell short. I was bored the other day and brainstormed some ideas for SS but didn't know what other people would think of these:

I always thought one thing that would be cool is to be able to assign custom celebrations after certain events on the field that you could trigger to build more of a persona for yourself and celebrate how you see fit. I mean like score a TD either pull a Chad Ocho Cinco and do some crazy celebration or a Barry Sanders and hand the ball off to the ref. When making a big play on defense like a big hit be able to celebrate with teammates, celebrate by yourself, or just go back to the huddle.

There should be more character customization options so I feel like I am really controlling who I am rather than a generic player. Maybe have an actual like voice or something you could choose for live interviews or to use on the field and say certain things.

I would also like a broader range of equipment to choose from and be able to customize my face like the Tiger Woods series instead of a generic face so I can differentiate myself from everyone else and look different on the field if I want. Perhaps have it so some equipment is only unlocked after you reach certain goals and earn an endorsement deal with the company, or buy it yourself.

Speaking of buying stuff they have to make money actually mean something, I mean honestly what is my incentive to consider signing with other teams for more money if I can't spend it anyways?

Not sure what they could do that wouldn't be lame but maybe let you customize your outfit that you show up to the game in, you know how like they show players coming off the bus and what not and have you dressed in the locker room or for interviews. They could even bring back the house from the old SS and let you buy upgrades for it, and then there could be trophy cases for your awards, game balls for good performances and milestones, framed jerseys from old teams and pro-bowls and what not. Maybe taking it too far but have a car you can customize and show you getting out when you drive to practice and what not in a nice little transitional cutscene from your house to practice or wherever you are going.

As far as gameplay goes definitely get rid of influence points and having to earn them during practice, in the immortal words of A.I. "How the hell am I supposed to make my teammates better by practicing?!"

And maybe have you in some way have to learn the playbook so you know what you have to do on the field instead of having your assignment shown to you. After practicing certain plays a number of times have the game tell you what your assigment us like you actually learned it.

Just some ideas I had let me know what you guys think. Sorry for the long post...
those are great ideas by the way..because I for one dont like doing all that jumpin around and pointin my finger after a big catch(I play wide receiver)..so having the ability to choose the attitude of your player would be big.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »