Home

Madden 10 Online League play

This is a discussion on Madden 10 Online League play within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Madden 10 Online League play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Thats dirty lol Im already excited for madden and now you say something bigger, better, and great is on the way....Now its just a waiting game.
No no.. he didn't say bigger better or great, he said "Interesting".

Madden 09s on-line leagues were certainly... uhmm... "Interesting".

Hopefully this is going to be a different type of interesting.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:10 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Frazier_EA
We haven't announced any online details to this point and probably won't talk online until summer time.

Anyone posting that online features are in or out are making guesses at best.

We've got some interesting stuff coming...

Phil
Good to hear my buddies and I only play online. Can't wait to see whats in store for online this year.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:31 PM   #11
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Madden 10 Online League play

Quote:
We haven't announced any online details to this point and probably won't talk online until summer time.

Phil

I beg to differ. ....Online franchise is out and anything else is really just the band-aid til Madden '11. I'm hoping that by 'interesting' you mean something that is at least a work-around but let's be honest, that only gets you closer to what the Madden NFL experience should already be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2009, 07:28 AM   #12
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

If I am able to play a full NFL season with the real schedule I'll be happy. Also if someone quits the league allow us to replace him.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:50 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:

Phil
sorry, i just dont buy it. i assume anything announced in the summer will be nothing more then one of the many marketing gimmics we have seen in recent years near the games release.

"first nfl game that adapts to you"

online leagues last year had promise, but didnt deliver. the scheduling made it tough because you had to play each team at least once. meaning a 32 team league had a 31 game schedule.

as mentioned above, stats were poorly done. when you are playing in a league, stats and standings are 2 of the most important things. they need to be easily viewed and well organized and presented by both team and league. considering this is done well in offline franchise mode i dont see why it was done for online leagues... especially when its just a matter of sorting and displaying data.

Trades/Drafting just didnt work. the draft had no live option and after taking for ever to pre rank, the logic didnt follow through. for isntance you could rank a guy #1, he would be available and it would take someone else for you. trades were never done because it was 1 for 1 only.

im assuming the news you will release in the summer will be something like this, and i am NOT trying to flame here, i honsetly think this will be the case based on previous years:

"All new redesigned online leagues! with real NFL scheduling and divisions. EA bring you the best online league feature out there with an authentic NFL schedule and real time stat tracking integrated with EAsports.com"

basically i see you just changing the scheduling and adding the website league support we didnt have last year. both things we had YEARS ago in other sport games and in 2k's football game.

still no live draft, still no franchise, still no multi team trades, etc...
Old 03-13-2009, 10:14 AM   #14
Turn 10 - Microsoft

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
I beg to differ. ....Online franchise is out and anything else is really just the band-aid til Madden '11. I'm hoping that by 'interesting' you mean something that is at least a work-around but let's be honest, that only gets you closer to what the Madden NFL experience should already be.
Your response made me laugh a little. It's funny that somebody that hasn't seen the game or our schedule knows so definitively that a feature isn't going to be there. I look forward to June...

Phil
Old 03-13-2009, 10:52 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Your response made me laugh a little. It's funny that somebody that hasn't seen the game or our schedule knows so definitively that a feature isn't going to be there. I look forward to June...

Phil
i would LOVE to see you prove him right. i think he is probably out of line stating for sure its not in... but i can see where he is coming from as far as frustration in the game not coming through in this deperatment for more then a few years now...

And as i posted, its hard to get excited for upcoming news when we have heard these claims in the past and then been treated to "realistic grass!" (half joking )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2009, 11:42 AM   #16
Turn 10 - Microsoft

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjay14
i would LOVE to see you prove him right. i think he is probably out of line stating for sure its not in... but i can see where he is coming from as far as frustration in the game not coming through in this deperatment for more then a few years now...

And as i posted, its hard to get excited for upcoming news when we have heard these claims in the past and then been treated to "realistic grass!" (half joking )
Fair enough. It's a LONG summer. We're talking about relatively small stuff now but we do have some big things in several areas of the game that will be addressed this summer. I'm very comfortable in saying that I don't feel like we have any gimmicky features this year and I hope to prove that by late July.

Phil

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »