Home

Madden 10 Online League play

This is a discussion on Madden 10 Online League play within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2009, 11:49 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 49
Re: Madden 10 Online League play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Frazier_EA
Fair enough. It's a LONG summer. We're talking about relatively small stuff now but we do have some big things in several areas of the game that will be addressed this summer. I'm very comfortable in saying that I don't feel like we have any gimmicky features this year and I hope to prove that by late July.

Phil
Wow, bold statement, should be a good year for EA then.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:49 AM   #18
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Fair enough. It's a LONG summer. We're talking about relatively small stuff now but we do have some big things in several areas of the game that will be addressed this summer. I'm very comfortable in saying that I don't feel like we have any gimmicky features this year and I hope to prove that by late July.

Phil
Phil I have only one request:

PLEASE ALLOW CREATED PLAYBOOK LEAGUES!

Thank you...
Old 03-13-2009, 12:07 PM   #19
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjay14
sorry, i just dont buy it. i assume anything announced in the summer will be nothing more then one of the many marketing gimmics we have seen in recent years near the games release.

"first nfl game that adapts to you"

online leagues last year had promise, but didnt deliver. the scheduling made it tough because you had to play each team at least once. meaning a 32 team league had a 31 game schedule.

as mentioned above, stats were poorly done. when you are playing in a league, stats and standings are 2 of the most important things. they need to be easily viewed and well organized and presented by both team and league. considering this is done well in offline franchise mode i dont see why it was done for online leagues... especially when its just a matter of sorting and displaying data.

Trades/Drafting just didnt work. the draft had no live option and after taking for ever to pre rank, the logic didnt follow through. for isntance you could rank a guy #1, he would be available and it would take someone else for you. trades were never done because it was 1 for 1 only.

im assuming the news you will release in the summer will be something like this, and i am NOT trying to flame here, i honsetly think this will be the case based on previous years:

"All new redesigned online leagues! with real NFL scheduling and divisions. EA bring you the best online league feature out there with an authentic NFL schedule and real time stat tracking integrated with EAsports.com"

basically i see you just changing the scheduling and adding the website league support we didnt have last year. both things we had YEARS ago in other sport games and in 2k's football game.

still no live draft, still no franchise, still no multi team trades, etc...
Nostradamus in the making ladies and gentlemen!

Can you guys at least for once, give Phil and co. the benefit of the doubt? How can you so confidently make statements like this like you've seen and played the game? You would think after all the Monday blogs and great announcements made by these guys, that some of you guys would notice by now that it's not the same as previous years. It's a new regime people, please let's treat it as such.

That being said, I really could care less about online leagues. I'm more of an offline franchise guy. So something like that not being in the game wouldn't hurt me much, but I definitely can understand where people are coming from.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:17 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 9

Wait... online franchise is not going to be in 2010? After the wild success of online dynasties in NCAA '09, I find that ridiculous. NCAA '09 had some gameplay flaws, but online dynasties was such a fun mode and so well executed for the first year that I assumed just about every EA sports game would adopt an almost verbatim mode for the given sport...

I didn't even think it was worth asking that Online Franchise would be in 2010 ... it seemed like a prerequisite for the game.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:38 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
We haven't announced any online details to this point and probably won't talk online until summer time.

Anyone posting that online features are in or out are making guesses at best.

We've got some interesting stuff coming...

Phil
LOL..you big tease!

Would you throw us a crumb and tell us if there will be a PC version of the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2009, 01:02 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 38

I was kinda gettin sick of rolltide saying its not going to be in the game
Old 03-13-2009, 01:08 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Nostradamus in the making ladies and gentlemen!

Can you guys at least for once, give Phil and co. the benefit of the doubt? How can you so confidently make statements like this like you've seen and played the game? You would think after all the Monday blogs and great announcements made by these guys, that some of you guys would notice by now that it's not the same as previous years. It's a new regime people, please let's treat it as such.
They had blogs last year. And can you blame us for being so skeptical? Last year when I heard that on-line leagues were in Madden I was stoked. I couldn't beleive it... then when I saw what it really was... it was simply insulting, I felt cheated almost. At this point, I won't believe it until I see it with my own two eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
That being said, I really could care less about online leagues. I'm more of an offline franchise guy. So something like that not being in the game wouldn't hurt me much, but I definitely can understand where people are coming from.
I don't expect on-line ... and lets stop calling them "leagues" because that's not what we want. We want on-line FRANCHISE. But I would assume that they need to get the off-line franchise fixed and then port it over to on-line.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:14 PM   #24
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
and I hope to prove that by late July.

Phil

release date?...july?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »