Home

Does this sound like Madden 2010 is coming to the PC?

This is a discussion on Does this sound like Madden 2010 is coming to the PC? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2009, 01:29 PM   #1
Rookie

kgbrolic's Arena

OVR: 4
Does this sound like Madden 2010 is coming to the PC?

"IGN: Will there be any further EA Sports games on the PC?

Peter Moore:
We're doing two this year – we're doing FIFA and we're doing NHL. For business reasons they're very viable. FIFA in particular, because it's a strong business – and console penetration where soccer is powerful – which of course, is everywhere – is weak sometimes, and people have PCs. I can go to my dev team and I can look at the numbers and say it's worth investing millions of dollars to create the PC version of FIFA. Same with NHL, particularly if you're pushing into Eastern Europe and into Russia where we're doing a lot of investment with our hockey franchise. But there are others where we're just losing money. And I reserve the right not to lose money. And my team – as you know, in any job if you do well you get more compensation. It's a difficult conversation to have – am I going to go develop for the PC where, by the way, we're going to lose money and not make a bonus. How do you think about that? It's not fair to these guys. And piracy's an issue – there's not enough sales to justify it, and we do just about every other platform. If you want console, you want your DS, your Wii experience – which takes a team now because you need a brand new Wii experience – eventually you run out of resources and you say we're just not selling enough on the PC and you make a very hard business decision. And then you have this very unique conversation going on now on the blog. I'm trying to think if this has ever happened in our industry where I state my case. It's entertaining and people want me dead, or hung, drawn and quartered."

I want Madden on PC. NBA 2k9 is a great game and wonderful to play on the PC (aside from no online capabilities). Somebody please explain to me if I'm looking at this wrong
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2009, 02:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Does this sound like Madden 2010 is coming to the PC?

nope, doesn't sound like it. Its too bad that PCs don't have more of a 'standard' system and games made for that standard system. Don't get me wrong I like PCs but have no desire to 'upgrade' every couple years or months....but maybe when diablo 3 comes out..
Old 03-12-2009, 02:38 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

Peter Moore already said Madden 10 will be on PC.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:43 PM   #4
Rookie

kgbrolic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Peter Moore already said Madden 10 will be on PC.

The thing is....I've been looking all over the net for something concrete from Peter that states that explicitly. I only see that he said that EA is "Retooling these titles to take advantage of the online connectivity in a bigger and more meaningful way. Stay tuned for more on this."

Can you tell me where he says that it will come out for PC so I can get my hopes up for Madden 2010? If it comes out for PC, I'll be first in line.

Last edited by kgbrolic; 03-12-2009 at 02:44 PM. Reason: wording
Old 03-12-2009, 03:49 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbrolic
"IGN: Will there be any further EA Sports games on the PC?

Peter Moore:
We're doing two this year – we're doing FIFA and we're doing NHL. For business reasons they're very viable. FIFA in particular, because it's a strong business – and console penetration where soccer is powerful – which of course, is everywhere – is weak sometimes, and people have PCs. I can go to my dev team and I can look at the numbers and say it's worth investing millions of dollars to create the PC version of FIFA. Same with NHL, particularly if you're pushing into Eastern Europe and into Russia where we're doing a lot of investment with our hockey franchise. But there are others where we're just losing money. And I reserve the right not to lose money. And my team – as you know, in any job if you do well you get more compensation. It's a difficult conversation to have – am I going to go develop for the PC where, by the way, we're going to lose money and not make a bonus. How do you think about that? It's not fair to these guys. And piracy's an issue – there's not enough sales to justify it, and we do just about every other platform. If you want console, you want your DS, your Wii experience – which takes a team now because you need a brand new Wii experience – eventually you run out of resources and you say we're just not selling enough on the PC and you make a very hard business decision. And then you have this very unique conversation going on now on the blog. I'm trying to think if this has ever happened in our industry where I state my case. It's entertaining and people want me dead, or hung, drawn and quartered."

I want Madden on PC. NBA 2k9 is a great game and wonderful to play on the PC (aside from no online capabilities). Somebody please explain to me if I'm looking at this wrong
Link?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2009, 03:55 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5
Exclamation Re: Does this sound like Madden 2010 is coming to the PC?

Here's the quote of Moore saying Madden would be made for the PC
EA: PC Sports Games Will Return Next Year, Reinvented by 'Meaningful' Online Connectivity
by Aaron Linde and Chris Faylor Jul 29, 2008 5:51pm CST

During an investor conference call today, EA Sports president Peter Moore offered new details on the studio's attempts to reinvigorate its PC sports title offerings.
"We are retooling these titles [on the PC] to take advantage of the online connectivity in a bigger and more meaningful way," Moore said today, noting that EA's usual sports offerings--Madden, NCAA Football, NBA Live, etc.--will reappear on PC in 2009.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53921

In this article Moore flat out mentions Madden being made for PC in 2009.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:56 PM   #7
Rookie

kgbrolic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOLFANMIKE
Here's the quote of Moore saying Madden would be made for the PC
EA: PC Sports Games Will Return Next Year, Reinvented by 'Meaningful' Online Connectivity
by Aaron Linde and Chris Faylor Jul 29, 2008 5:51pm CST

During an investor conference call today, EA Sports president Peter Moore offered new details on the studio's attempts to reinvigorate its PC sports title offerings.
"We are retooling these titles [on the PC] to take advantage of the online connectivity in a bigger and more meaningful way," Moore said today, noting that EA's usual sports offerings--Madden, NCAA Football, NBA Live, etc.--will reappear on PC in 2009.

In this article Moore flat out mentions Madden being made for PC in 2009.

I have yet to see NBA Live on PC in 2009.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:07 PM   #8
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I think this pretty much confirms it for me. No PC 2010. Disappointing, but I guess I expected it.

Hey, if the money's not there, what do you do?

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »