Home

I am starting to get concerend

This is a discussion on I am starting to get concerend within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2009, 09:57 PM   #57
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: I am starting to get concerend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
OP, no need for concern, Madden 10 isn't the game you're looking for. You're not in a wait and see mode, you've already made up your mind that it won't be to your level of satisfaction, several of your post have made this abundantly clear. Oh well, maybe next year.

Online Franchise or Death guys, same for you. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you won't be buying the game this year either. At least you'll be able to play your online Dynasty again in NCAA. So all is not lost.

Back to our regularly scheduled Cautious Optimism.
Well said sir!!!

But to answer the Online Franchise thing, I personally could care less about that. Though I can understand why so many hardcore guys want such a feature in the game. As a family man that works long hours and is mostly busy, I have no time to get online and mingle and deal with all the glitchers and cheesers.

I get my enjoyment in running a franchise (Eagles of course) on All Madden and doing all of the off season stuff. I know "online" is the way of the future, but I'm old school. I'm a single player type of guy, I don't wanna deal with the headaches and frustrations of playing little annoying kids online that only care about one thing, getting in the "win" column by any means necessary.

To each his own I guess....
Old 03-14-2009, 12:41 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Well said sir!!!

But to answer the Online Franchise thing, I personally could care less about that. Though I can understand why so many hardcore guys want such a feature in the game. As a family man that works long hours and is mostly busy, I have no time to get online and mingle and deal with all the glitchers and cheesers.

I get my enjoyment in running a franchise (Eagles of course) on All Madden and doing all of the off season stuff. I know "online" is the way of the future, but I'm old school. I'm a single player type of guy, I don't wanna deal with the headaches and frustrations of playing little annoying kids online that only care about one thing, getting in the "win" column by any means necessary.

To each his own I guess....

And that my friend is why you don't understand the online franchise argument. It's not about playing with the racist jerks, fake thugs, cheesers and glitchers. It's about playing with 5 people just like you, who are all about managing a real team and signing smart free agents etc. A single player game can never compare to a game where maybe 25 teams are controlled by computer and 7 are played by real live humans. you ain't gamed until you have done that, try NCAA 09 chief join my league and I'll show you. Single 0player franchise is some 2004 isht, online is the future man and it's past time MAdden The Game We All Love stepped up to the plate.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:44 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 28

Couple things here. I too am a grown man with a life, a job, the whole nine. That has nothing to do with online though. If you don't want to play against 12 year old kids using every glitch in the game, then you just play against people in your friends list. I have a bunch of buddies my age in the same boat and we used to play online leagues with 2k5 and it was absolutely fantastic. Secondly, it's getting a little tiresome to hear people come on here and say things like "Ian and Phil really care because they are listening to us on the forum". If you make this comment it is very clear you know very little to nothing about software development. Software engineers almost ALWAYS have direct contact with their customers. How else can they properly identify the requirements of the software? Believe me, this is nothing new. They are doing their job. It also helps with marketing the game. You shouldn't lower your expectations. The expectations of this game are so low now, they almost can't lose when the game comes out. I think Ian and Phil are smart guys, good at what they do and they do their best, but nothing I am hearing now is any different than what the EA developers have said in the past. Hearing things like "the sidelines take up too much memory and system resources" is ridiculous. Once again, "that other game" did it on old gen hardware 5+ years ago. Give me a break. The bottom line is that there is no incentive to really go over the top. that's why we will most likely get a rehashed version of the same crap we get every year from EA's flagship franchise. Last year's game would have been phenomenal if it came out in 2002. How about that ESPN license? Have we even seen NFL Live in the game? Chris Berman, Ditka and the guys? How about halftime highlights? The list goes on. The bottom line is, the more people want to suck up to the EA machine, the more you are allowing yourself to be brainwashed with the same crap. I really hope they prove me wrong. I really do, because I could give a rat's *** who makes the game, I just want to have a killer NFL game. We all know when it comes to sports gaming, football is king. People have already fallen for it with the whole thing about having refs on the field. Give me a break!!!! That's not anything new!!! Refs were on the field in madden 93! You have the exclusive NFL license, why not really use it? Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised come August, but I highly doubt it. It's only been 5 years since real online leagues were in a football game. Why not wait a few more?
Old 03-14-2009, 01:04 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
And that my friend is why you don't understand the online franchise argument. It's not about playing with the racist jerks, fake thugs, cheesers and glitchers. It's about playing with 5 people just like you, who are all about managing a real team and signing smart free agents etc. A single player game can never compare to a game where maybe 25 teams are controlled by computer and 7 are played by real live humans. you ain't gamed until you have done that, try NCAA 09 chief join my league and I'll show you. Single 0player franchise is some 2004 isht, online is the future man and it's past time MAdden The Game We All Love stepped up to the plate.

Maybe it is the future. But it isnt the present. Maybe it should be, but you need to accept reality....Madden is behind schedule, and trying to cram it into the game half a$$ed isnt going to do it justice. They need to focus on getting the game squared away and regular franchise mode where it needs to be before they take it online.

Id like to see online franchise too....Im sure most people would. But they have to make the game fun to play again. Id rather wait a few years and play a great game online than play a medicore game online THIS year.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:05 AM   #61
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll

I don't understand why you and those of your ilk feel the need to constantly be-little offline gaming/gamers in order to support your online gaming stance.

Maybe you wouldn't face as much resistance if you were able to promote your gaming preference without attacking the gaming preference of others.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2009, 01:15 AM   #62
Banned

OVR: 26

LOL in what way did I attack him?
Old 03-14-2009, 03:02 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 6

it used to be that we would pop in madden and be ok with all the short comings because the gameplay was so great now we need to be so impressed with eye candy and presentation deep franchise mode that we forget how bad the gameplay is lol until they dump the current engine you going to see the same results.
if there going to use cut scenes and animations of players they need to not be not repetive no transition between plays should be the same. even time outs when calling timeouts we should here around the league news or current game audio from the anouncers while we paused the game they should be talking about why or whats going on while we make are adjustments.
i personally will not buy there games until they realize realisim is what we want
Old 03-14-2009, 03:14 AM   #64
Banned

OVR: 24

I'll be honest here.........I'll take the wait and see approach. The last few Maddens have become coasters.
If Madden 2010 is indeed the greatest game ever, great, it'll be about time.
If not, then I still have The Show.

I like what Ian and crew are doing, and it seems they finally have the proper vision and ideas. We shall see.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »