Home

Ian, I'd like to rehash the "simulation mode" argument...

This is a discussion on Ian, I'd like to rehash the "simulation mode" argument... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2009, 04:59 PM   #1
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16
Ian, I'd like to rehash the "simulation mode" argument...

It's been discussed and discussed. But I want to bring it up again. Why not have a "sim" mode in the game without all the speed cheats and super CPU players?

If you had one mode that played STRICTLY AS REALISM, then you could keep the arcade skill settings for the 12 year olds. Us sim people would be happy, and EA still gets to sell a zillion games to 7th graders who just want to score 100 in every game.

I bring this up because there is so much discussion about what to put in, and what not to. It seems simpler to just let the sim guys have their own mode (since we can't have our own game) and pack all the strategy based stuff in there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #2
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Ian, I'd like to rehash the "simulation mode" argument...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
It's been discussed and discussed. But I want to bring it up again. Why not have a "sim" mode in the game without all the speed cheats and super CPU players?

If you had one mode that played STRICTLY AS REALISM, then you could keep the arcade skill settings for the 12 year olds. Us sim people would be happy, and EA still gets to sell a zillion games to 7th graders who just want to score 100 in every game.

I bring this up because there is so much discussion about what to put in, and what not to. It seems simpler to just let the sim guys have their own mode (since we can't have our own game) and pack all the strategy based stuff in there.
although i think the developers are taking a more "sim" approach this year than in the past... i agree we should have a SIM mode or something like it... they still have to cater to the arcade (casual) gamers.. so maybe this is the way to go? that way there is no "holding back" in getting as much of a sim experience as possible...
Old 03-13-2009, 05:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

you bring up a good argument...it won't happen tho
Old 03-13-2009, 05:17 PM   #4
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
although i think the developers are taking a more "sim" approach this year than in the past... i agree we should have a SIM mode or something like it... they still have to cater to the arcade (casual) gamers.. so maybe this is the way to go? that way there is no "holding back" in getting as much of a sim experience as possible...
I'm Sayin!

I am a capitalist. I am all for EA making a sh!tload of money off their game by selling it to the biggest audience. Fine. But having the NFL exclusive incurs some responsibility on their part (an ethical responsibility if not a legal one) to give us sim gamers what we need too.

I think a "sim" mode accomplishes this mission, and will expand EA's profits because more sim people will be willing to buy the game instead of renting it once then coming here to trash it.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:06 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 33

In addition to Rookie, Pro, All-Pro and All-Madden, add an All-Sim mode thats difficulty is between allpro and allmadden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2009, 07:23 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 52

I am not sure what 'argument' there is here. We want the whole game to be a simulation. We don't want to split the game in two because one of the modes is bound to not get enough attention.

The last blog explains this situation pretty well - sliders and skill levels to allow better tweaking instead of having a hard line drawn in the sand. Because if we have two modes, and one is sim, what is the other? Arcade? Madden football isn't 'arcade'. This is EA Sports, not EA Freestyle, or EA Casual.

"It's in the game"!

Old 03-13-2009, 07:29 PM   #7
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I am not sure what 'argument' there is here. We want the whole game to be a simulation. We don't want to split the game in two because one of the modes is bound to not get enough attention.

The last blog explains this situation pretty well - sliders and skill levels to allow better tweaking instead of having a hard line drawn in the sand. Because if we have two modes, and one is sim, what is the other? Arcade? Madden football isn't 'arcade'. This is EA Sports, not EA Freestyle, or EA Casual.

"It's in the game"!
gracias senor... sliders are the way to go.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:35 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA

"It's in the game"!

If it's in the game, i want to see it in your game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »