Home

Phil Frazier - Online Franchise

This is a discussion on Phil Frazier - Online Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2009, 05:06 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Phil Frazier - Online Franchise

Phil, this is why I said in the other thread that i cant really take anything said "during the summer" with any grain of salt. So when you tell us that is laughable to suggest online franchise wont be in, and that we'll get details in the summer, its hard to put any faith on that, based on exactly what you said below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Frazier_EA
We haven't announced any online details to this point and probably won't talk online until summer time.
Phil
Quote:
Your response made me laugh a little. It's funny that somebody that hasn't seen the game or our schedule knows so definitively that a feature isn't going to be there. I look forward to June...

Phil
Quote:
At the end of the day, part of our job is to help sell Madden. In the summertime, this often means doing web interviews to help convince possible Madden buyers that this is the year to check the game out. As has been said before in this thread, it's good business and our job to do so. We have to talk up features as though they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Back for the 08 product, Ian was in charge of our gameplay team and as you can tell his focus was almost completely on gameplay. Presentation, franchise, other features, etc... were almost completely chosen by the game team.
I love the direction you guys seem to be taking. Love the access you give us, the way you respond(even to some disrespectful comments). but I think you need to understand it from our perspective a bit. It is hard to have any faith that the game will deliver things, when you dont address them, then hype them in the summer... because that is usually a recipe that leads to a bit of disappointment.

Again, i hope this doesnt come off as bad mouthing you guys, jsut speaking my mind...

edit: i saw your response to my post in the other thread. and you have now made me(the biggest skeptic) even a bit optimistic about this news coming in july. And even if the news falls short of my hopes i must say that the direction you guys are taking -- as far as accessability, responding to us, showing a real passion for the project, etc can only lead to good things... even if it isnt in 2010

Last edited by jerseyjay14; 03-13-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2009, 05:20 PM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Phil Frazier - Online Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjay14
Phil, this is why I said in the other thread that i cant really take anything said "during the summer" with any grain of salt. So when you tell us that is laughable to suggest online franchise wont be in, and that we'll get details in the summer, its hard to put any faith on that, based on exactly what you said below...

I love the direction you guys seem to be taking. Love the access you give us, the way you respond(even to some disrespectful comments). but I think you need to understand it from our perspective a bit. It is hard to have any faith that the game will deliver things, when you dont address them, then hype them in the summer... because that is usually a recipe that leads to a bit of disappointment.

Again, i hope this doesnt come off as bad mouthing you guys, jsut speaking my mind
I understand what you are saying, but it's been very clear since around the Super Bowl time or before that the developers would deliver small bits of information from the SB till draft time. After draft time till summertime, they will announce the bigger features.

No one seemed to object at that time.

They are also bound by what marketing says.

I just read the other day that they usually announce the cover person around draft time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »