Home

Have Playbooks been discussed at all?

This is a discussion on Have Playbooks been discussed at all? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2009, 08:30 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Have Playbooks been discussed at all?

The PS2 version of the game I felt, had a very good variety of playbooks and there was definitely a good level of uniqueness between them.

Going to NG, I was expecting an even bigger improvement over what I've seen on the PS2, but I was very surprised to see quite the opposite. The NG playbooks look... lazy to me. I don't know how to best say it, but I don't see much of a difference between them. It looks as if they either have one half of the plays or the other. I would love to see much deeper playbooks from now on, with more unique plays and fomration combinations that you don't see in other ones.

Maybe I"m the only one that feels this way, I don't know, but I was simply just very dissapointed with the selections we had at our disposal and the severe lack of variety.

I didn't see anything so far that touched on this subject, so I hope that playbooks aren't thrown in the "It's good where it is" bucket and hopefully will get some serious attention.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2009, 08:33 PM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Have Playbooks been discussed at all?

You are not the only one that feels that way.

A week or two ago this was discussed and Phil asked folks if they wanted an online playbook or one like the PS2 playbook. Phil was a part of developing the PS2 playbook.

I think it was split down the middle. I'll try to find a link.

Actually, sorry, playbook editor was discussed.

Phil begins in post #5 if your interested. He said they are an involved process and can turn out to be buggy.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ay-editor.html

Last edited by roadman; 03-13-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:35 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You are not the only one that feels that way.

A week or two ago this was discussed and Phil asked folks if they wanted an online playbook or one like the PS2 playbook. Phil was a part of developing the PS2 playbook.

I think it was split down the middle. I'll try to find a link.
Ah please do, I'd love to check it out. I've also noticed that lots of fun formations were dramatically toned down on the NG game. Split backs for example was very difficult to find... I mean, I understand that they look at real teams to see what they are using, but it would still be nice to have some of these formations even if its not being used heavily by any team in this particular year.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:38 PM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I don't know if Playbook editor is what your looking for or just playbooks in general.

I'll try to dig deeper.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:38 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Madden will never get playbooks right because they will never get there hands on real sophisticated playbooks. that's why they need a great playmaker or hire a group just assigned to playbooks and systems
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2009, 08:42 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by woowoo782
Madden will never get playbooks right because they will never get there hands on real sophisticated playbooks. that's why they need a great playmaker or hire a group just assigned to playbooks and systems
I disagree. I was very happy with the selection we had in the Ps2 game. I thought they were well put together and very diverse. So it certainly can be done, it WAS done, its just been forgotten.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:43 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't know if Playbook editor is what your looking for or just playbooks in general.

I'll try to dig deeper.
Just playbooks in general. Not really interested in the editor or custom playbooks because I know we wouldn't be able to use that stuff on-line anyway... and my primary focus is always on-line play.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:44 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
I disagree. I was very happy with the selection we had in the Ps2 game. I thought they were well put together and very diverse. So it certainly can be done, it WAS done, its just been forgotten.
or you haven't seen a professional playbook, and those are the plays i use for my youth football team!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »