Home

Quote confirms sliders?!!!

This is a discussion on Quote confirms sliders?!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2009, 04:24 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Quote confirms sliders?!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I would love the option to turn the sliders off.
Just leave them in middle man. That would be the base following the ratings for each player the way I understand it.

In 09 obviously there is no way to change the speed. I am also not sure if you will feel that going just off ratings IS realistic. A lot of it boils down to your play calling, some off field decisions, your control play style, and your quarter length.

I use 8 minutes quarter which tend to give me more realistic stats. The only one I can't seem to get right is OL stats. They are either way to low or my OL is overpowered and my rushing/passing is unrealistic. So, I never have a OL make it the the pro-bowl . Hopefully, this gets addressed if they go to a compeltely stat based progression system.

If you are using plays that take advantage of the CPU logic like using curls on 3rd and less the 8 almost every time OR taking a speed back/QB and rushing outside the tackles runs non stop THEN you may not feel it is realistic. To solve this problem you either need to allow Madden to pick the plays on certain situations or all the time to mix up your play calling to not take advantage of some obvious AI flaws.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:27 PM   #10
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
Just leave them in middle man. That would be the base following the ratings for each player the way I understand it.
I think anybody who has every play any Madden or any NCAA can tell you that leaving it in the middle isnt the same as turning them off!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:33 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 12

Well this is where we need Ian OR someone from EA to chime in and tell you what magic sliders settings = them being OFF

But my opinion is it is them middle settings of 50 or whatever it is. Like I said FROM THE WAY I UNDERSTAND IT.

Neither you or I are programmers for Madden so neither of us can say FOR SURE the direct correlation of the slider settings to player ratings.

But if you like to argue go ahead. I was just saying my opinion and trying to help you out.

BTW, I am not saying you will like or that it will be realistic if you are able to get a slider setting that would be in effect of having them off. I am just saying that I believe there is a slider setting that would result in them having no effect on ratings.

Plus, everyone's opinion of realistic is different and that is why there are sliders.

I personally take the end of the year stats and go to NFL.com looks at the players stats from several years. Then I compare that to the stats of the end of a few years of my franchise season to real life. I then alter the sliders trying until I have what I feel is realistic based the team I am playing.

Last edited by stux; 03-14-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2009, 04:58 PM   #12
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
Well this is where we need Ian OR someone from EA to chime in and tell you what magic sliders settings = them being OFF

But my opinion is it is them middle settings of 50 or whatever it is. Like I said FROM THE WAY I UNDERSTAND IT.

Neither you or I are programmers for Madden so neither of us can say FOR SURE the direct correlation of the slider settings to player ratings.

But if you like to argue go ahead. I was just saying my opinion and trying to help you out.

BTW, I am not saying you will like or that it will be realistic if you are able to get a slider setting that would be in effect of having them off. I am just saying that I believe there is a slider setting that would result in them having no effect on ratings.

Plus, everyone's opinion of realistic is different and that is why there are sliders.

I personally take the end of the year stats and go to NFL.com looks at the players stats from several years. Then I compare that to the stats of the end of a few years of my franchise season to real life. I then alter the sliders trying until I have what I feel is realistic based the team I am playing.
There is no doubt in my mind that slider were necessary every year they have been in. My thing is nobody with football knowledge would ever consider those games "sim". If the games are going to be "sim" from here on out then sliders that effect the players on the field performance should be obsolete IMO.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:38 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
I think anybody who has every play any Madden or any NCAA can tell you that leaving it in the middle isnt the same as turning them off!
Leaving a slider in the middle means every AI decision or dice roll or calculation in the game performs exactly how it was tuned...in essence meaning the sliders are "off".

Old 03-14-2009, 05:44 PM   #14
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

IMO Sliders COULD have made Madden 09 good. We could have possibly gotten rid Robo QB. We could have improved line play, running game, the automatic user int., etc.

Sliders can fix a game. That is if there are pages of sliders. We should all be able to make the game play the way we want it to, and thats what sliders do.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:45 PM   #15
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Leaving a slider in the middle means every AI decision or dice roll or calculation in the game performs exactly how it was tuned...in essence meaning the sliders are "off".
But that doesnt solve the game play problem. I agreed that every Madden released thus far needed those sliders. Im talking about in Madden 10 and beyond.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2009, 06:01 PM   #16
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
It's all in your mind man lol. Sliders in the middle doesn't slant the gameplay in either side's favor, so you should be good with that.

I guess there also shouldn't be Rookie, Pro, All-Pro, and All-Madden settings neither, right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »