Home

Franchise Changes

This is a discussion on Franchise Changes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are you a Franchise Player?
Yes 123 97.62%
No 3 2.38%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2009, 08:59 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Franchise Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
The man was in charge of NFL HeadCoach'09, a game that gave me the most enjoyable franchise experience I've ever had. I trust that he knows what gamers want in that regard.

But if you want to worry yourself silly, be my guest...
See man we got to get away from letting these folks slide on things just because they stated "I am going to work on it" every developer of MAdden has said the same things each year about how he was going to change the game and add "Groundbreaking new features" and guess what happens....Exactly!!!

Back to franchise, I don't like the idea of starting in the offseason either because it would be like going back in time. No game lets you do that, and it's for a reason. I"m with the Sim first year crowd, then you can get rid of some wack contracts etc. Their are plenty of very simple changes that can be made to vastly improve franchise and with them suposoedly having a team focusing on that aspect it should be improved greatly, but don't take it as a given.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2009, 09:47 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
I tell ya what I hate is me and some1 will start a franchise and then they leave.
I like my team alot but I cant DESELECT his team so if I want to keep going with my team I have to control his too!!! That stinks.

What will really make franchise great again is just take every franchise feature from PS2 and move it to PS3 & 360 period

And the Offseason starting Franchise doesnt seem to be nice for me.IMO

We get the game after the offseason so why would I want to redo the offseason my team just had in real life?Doesnt sound realistic to me
Well thats why I said that it would give the option to start in the offseason or preseason. For some fans, we're not happy with what our team did during the offseason and would like to see what our team would look like if they had made the decisions we (as hardcore fans) would have liked.

Its a fan's perspective on Madden, not a realistic one.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:39 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 9

I think its fair to have both options... if you don't want to start before FA and the draft, fine don't. Start at pre-season.

But for people that want to start in the off season and do things over, let them have that option. Like someone else mentioned earlier, it just makes sense a new coach is hired after the season is over, not when pre-season starts.

Head Coach has this feature and it is a lot of fun because you can make the team your own and sign that big free agent, or make a better draft choice than what happened in real life (This is definitely important to frustrated Raiders fans that have to deal with Al Davis's off season debacles lol)

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:01 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 13

I have made mention of this before, but I would love to see some features or options that would allow a multi-user franchise to move much more quickly and prevent people from using certain features.

Turning off the pre-game mini games for progression points is a huge one.
Setting and locking the difficulty setting would be another.
Minimizing the amount of scouting I have to manually do - All the combine and pro-day numbers are available to every NFL team, but so is all the game film that is available from the prospects college career. In the interest of speeding the off-season up in multi-user franchises we should have the option to just have all the scouting reports available for every player so we can get right into the draft. The numbers from the combine/ pro-day should be a fairly accurate indicator when it comes to translating physical attributes such as SPD, AGI, ACC, and JMP. This really isn't that big of a deal with all the added attributes because if the additional attributes are figured into the OVR rating, then you could have a 99 SPD/AGI/ACC corner who absolutely sucks because he has very low zone/man cover and awareness/play rec ratings. He might be a good project player, but if you try to start him he will be a major liability - and rightfully so!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 12:52 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 35

I would hate starting in the off season, but i base it on my experience with the 1st Head Coach where i started the off season and couldn't get Terrell Owens off the Eagles. And i gave up.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »