Home

Serious Question for Ian/Phil

This is a discussion on Serious Question for Ian/Phil within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2009, 05:09 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Serious Question for Ian/Phil

I was wondering, in all seriousness if you guys are aware of the "merge error" in franchise mode on the PS2 version of the game. (after merging 30 or 40 games -- usually by week 3, you get an error when trying to merge any more games)

I ask because its been in the game since 2006, and every year since then many people(at least the many i see on the boards) have asked and wondered why it hasnt been addressed, for 4 straight years.

Those of us who utilized the merge feature for our online games were really in a bind dealing with the error. and a ton of people were forced to pay simsportsnet.com $100 per season to fix the error for us.

I was wondering if you guys were aware of the error, why it wasnt addressed, and most importantly if it will be fixed for the 2010 current Gen(PS2) version of madden

For alot of us the PS2 version of madden 2010 is a very real option if the nextGen version dont have online franchise. i have alwasy scratched my head as to why the merge error wasnt fixed, or ever mentioned for so many years... when the fix seems pretty simple (the simsports guy did it by simply resetting the total quarters or total minutes field or something of that nature)

I hope you dont take this the wrong way, i honestly would love to see this fixed... im nto trying to flame or blame anyone... the CG game has been a very good product and if this issue was fixed, the CG game would really be a complete win
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2009, 05:50 PM   #2
Turn 10 - Microsoft

OVR: 26
Re: Serious Question for Ian/Phil

I haven't worked on the PS2 version since 07 so I'm not sure if they are aware of this issue. I'll pass along the details to that team though.

Thanks

Phil
Old 03-14-2009, 07:59 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Time to move on and get with the next gen program, no offense. I understand you probably enjoy the PS2 version much better, but the development time for that system is on a lifeline.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:28 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydufflebags
Time to move on and get with the next gen program, no offense. I understand you probably enjoy the PS2 version much better, but the development time for that system is on a lifeline.
As long as they release it, it should have some development time allotted correct?

This bug has been in the PS2 game since the Spawn feature has existed. It's a real bummer, since everything else is pretty good with the spawn feature... when the lockers don't break
Old 03-14-2009, 09:30 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjay14
I was wondering, in all seriousness if you guys are aware of the "merge error" in franchise mode on the PS2 version of the game. (after merging 30 or 40 games -- usually by week 3, you get an error when trying to merge any more games)

I ask because its been in the game since 2006, and every year since then many people(at least the many i see on the boards) have asked and wondered why it hasnt been addressed, for 4 straight years.

Those of us who utilized the merge feature for our online games were really in a bind dealing with the error. and a ton of people were forced to pay simsportsnet.com $100 per season to fix the error for us.

I was wondering if you guys were aware of the error, why it wasnt addressed, and most importantly if it will be fixed for the 2010 current Gen(PS2) version of madden

For alot of us the PS2 version of madden 2010 is a very real option if the nextGen version dont have online franchise. i have alwasy scratched my head as to why the merge error wasnt fixed, or ever mentioned for so many years... when the fix seems pretty simple (the simsports guy did it by simply resetting the total quarters or total minutes field or something of that nature)

I hope you dont take this the wrong way, i honestly would love to see this fixed... im nto trying to flame or blame anyone... the CG game has been a very good product and if this issue was fixed, the CG game would really be a complete win
I believe it was the number of plays run if I'm not mistaken. SO if you played 1 min qtr games you'd go longer before you hit the merge error... cause less plays were run... something along those lines. It was definitely a counter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2009, 01:58 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydufflebags
AS long as they are selling the PS2 game then they should support/fix bugs in. I am not going to buy the PS3 version just for the sake of buying it or just for the sake of it being nextGen....

Im going to buy the game that i find is the msot fun and that best meets my needs. This yea ri bought the PS3 version, played it for a few months... i didnt like it, no one in our league liked it, and we werent able to run a successful online franchise because the import a team feature was kinda buggy...

so i returned the ps3 version for the ps2 version and am currently playing in a franchise league there using the locker system. the merge error really makes it tough, but their are work arounds, and i find thePS2 game

- much more fun
- fits my needs much better.

the 2010 PS2 version my also be more fun and fit my needs better, if thats the case id love it if they fixed the merge error, making my experience with the game as good as it could possibly be.

if you think the ps3 version is better and more fun then go buy that. im not asking you not to, im not saying the PS2 version is god and nextgen blows... but please do not tell me what to buy, or that i dont have the right to ask them to fix a major bug in a game i pay 50$ for.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:59 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Frazier_EA
I haven't worked on the PS2 version since 07 so I'm not sure if they are aware of this issue. I'll pass along the details to that team though.

Thanks

Phil
Thanks, it would really be appreciated. Fixing that error would really be the cherry on top of CG series of madden games. I'd appreciate any info/follow up you can give... or any update on if it will be fixed or not.

it really is a major bug
Old 03-15-2009, 02:02 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjay14
AS long as they are selling the PS2 game then they should support/fix bugs in. I am not going to buy the PS3 version just for the sake of buying it or just for the sake of it being nextGen....

Im going to buy the game that i find is the msot fun and that best meets my needs. This yea ri bought the PS3 version, played it for a few months... i didnt like it, no one in our league liked it, and we werent able to run a successful online franchise because the import a team feature was kinda buggy...

so i returned the ps3 version for the ps2 version and am currently playing in a franchise league there using the locker system. the merge error really makes it tough, but their are work arounds, and i find thePS2 game

- much more fun
- fits my needs much better.

the 2010 PS2 version my also be more fun and fit my needs better, if thats the case id love it if they fixed the merge error, making my experience with the game as good as it could possibly be.

if you think the ps3 version is better and more fun then go buy that. im not asking you not to, im not saying the PS2 version is god and nextgen blows... but please do not tell me what to buy, or that i dont have the right to ask them to fix a major bug in a game i pay 50$ for.
I hate to tell you, but in actuality I dont see why they still made previous-gen games. They probably spend little time on it. I mean, they probably just sending out last years game with roster updates. Its just like a $30 kicker. They make the money from the next-gen gamers, not the past-gen gamers, dont expect amazing great games if you still havent spent the money on a next-gen system, its not going to happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »