Home
View Poll Results: online team play in madden.
yes 45 61.64%
no 28 38.36%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2009, 08:17 PM   #17
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: 11 vs 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossennator
I think its the future of sports gaming..if they developed some sort of system where people actually play fair and right it could work. But thats a pretty challenging task.
It was done well, but not perfectly in Fifa.

YOu could do 10 on 10. But usually got about 5 v 5 games. You had a bar which showed how much you adhered to your assignments. If it was green, you were doin the right thing, if it was red, it meant you were doing crap.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:43 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydufflebags
No thanks for me. Great idea, but 90% of online players don't know jack about football. It would be one glorious cheese fest, and would be nearly impossible to play a real game of football, even if it was only skill positions.

oh right, kinda like hockey...oh wait...people DO play 6v6 and have excellent games.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:48 PM   #19
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

I would love to play OL. That's the position I use to use on Superstar mode. Its fun
Old 03-14-2009, 09:04 PM   #20
Banned

If they are going to do it they shouldn't limit it. It all depends on the way they set it up.

First off they need to have multiple users per console. Friends who play with friends should be allowed to battle people together online. If I have 3 buddies over the 4 of us should be able to jump online and play another team.

Second, maybe they implement some sort of clan feature to where you have a roster and people join your clan to fill in positions.

Third, maybe 11v11 is a bit much, but don't limit the positions your can control. I for one love playing left guard in franchise mode, and would hate to have to play WR when that isn't the position I want to play.

Maybe they need to do 4v4 or 5v5, with 1 player a captain who is locked into QB and the other 4 can move around to whatever positions they wish.

They could also use both, have a clan based 11v11 game which would be ranked games with player locks and the 4v4 or 5v5 unranked with no player locks.

They could even go the rpg route with exp earned per position. Say I play LG and allow 0 sacks and have a pretty good game I earn x amount of experience. EXP could be used to improve your custom online player, but the EXP your earn at G wouldn't translate to WR, this way people would focus mostly on one or two positions.

Just some ideas I wanted to toss around.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:05 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdown2shadi
I would love to play OL. That's the position I use to use on Superstar mode. Its fun
hecks yeah!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2009, 09:05 PM   #22
tcp
Rookie

OVR: 1

MLB
Old 03-14-2009, 09:38 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwayGod53
oh right, kinda like hockey...oh wait...people DO play 6v6 and have excellent games.
your right about that and i wanna give a major thanks to ea canda for making nhl09 the best sports game ever online with the 6v6 online team play.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:29 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 26

every spot should be able to play if they were to add this. I never thought that playing Goalie would be any fun but its intense. Playing Oline is really fun to in superstar mode. You have the ups for setuping up big plays and then you also have the downs for missing a key block or letting up a sack.

I would also come down to who would play QB. What if no one wanted to play QB? It could led to alot of problems because the current setup is you call for the ball and it comes or your qb makes horrible choices and it ruins your superstar(or online if 11v11 happens) exp.

That being said I might not even play it because I only play with my friends. Not that many of them would be interested in doing an 11v11 because they like control.

On the other hand, it would be nice to play francise at home online instead of having to meet up when we can and play it at one persons house....Its also time consuming because one person has to wait for another to finish his game or seting up his players before the other guy can.

All in all, Online francise would be gold. Where as 11v11 would be silver. Offline francise if fixed would be tied for silver or it would land bronze lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »