Home
View Poll Results: online team play in madden.
yes 45 61.64%
no 28 38.36%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-15-2009, 02:24 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: 11 vs 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjay14
If M.A.G. can have 256 players at once madden should be able to do 11 on 11. i mean 128 vs 128 online FPS with an insanely large map has got to be more taxing then madden 11 on 11 right?
I dont think number of players is the issue. I think its the team work factor. Unless you playing with a bunch of guys you know, you dont know peoples tendancies. Receivers running wrong routes, QB's who only want to pass, linebackers chasing after wrong men while in zone, etc. I think thats the problem with doing 11 v 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #42
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwayGod53
oh right, kinda like hockey...oh wait...people DO play 6v6 and have excellent games.
I was 50/50 with Hockey. When you played with guys who knew how to play it was fun (I liked being goalie). But when you had defensemen trying to act like forwards leading to 2-0 breaks all game, that was a miserable experience. Plus, football is more scripted. In hockey, forwards try to pass and get open, you look for open shots on net, the defense just tries to clear the puck. Football, blockers need to fill the right holes. Receivers need to run the right routes. Defense needs to fulfill their assignments, can have people blitzing because they feel like it while in a zone d, etc. Its a lot harder to accomplish
Old 03-15-2009, 02:32 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66
I dont think number of players is the issue. I think its the team work factor. Unless you playing with a bunch of guys you know, you dont know peoples tendancies. Receivers running wrong routes, QB's who only want to pass, linebackers chasing after wrong men while in zone, etc. I think thats the problem with doing 11 v 11.
thats why you play with people you know.... then you can get together organize, practice together, get your strategies down, etc....

hell its not like its any different with nba where who ever happens to get the bull is definately NOT passing the ball.

also, how hard it is... if yourt a WR you get open and the QB hits your icon and throws it to you. if your oline you block... i find it VERY hard to believe even the worst madden play cant pass protect better then an AI controlled tackle
Old 03-15-2009, 02:37 PM   #44
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjay14
thats why you play with people you know.... then you can get together organize, practice together, get your strategies down, etc....

hell its not like its any different with nba where who ever happens to get the bull is definately NOT passing the ball.

also, how hard it is... if yourt a WR you get open and the QB hits your icon and throws it to you. if your oline you block... i find it VERY hard to believe even the worst madden play cant pass protect better then an AI controlled tackle
yeah but who would want to play online to be a blocker?? If a receiver running back and worth like an idiot trying to get open, its very easy for a qb to hit his icon while hes cutting back and forth and having the ball easily intercepted. I know when I play I know where I want to pass (or at least have an idea) when a play is picked and I look at the defense (recognize man or zone and where the gaps will be), if people deviate from that route its easy to become confused and make bad passes that will get intercepted. Similar things can happen on defense.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:40 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66
yeah but who would want to play online to be a blocker?? If a receiver running back and worth like an idiot trying to get open, its very easy for a qb to hit his icon while hes cutting back and forth and having the ball easily intercepted. I know when I play I know where I want to pass (or at least have an idea) when a play is picked and I look at the defense (recognize man or zone and where the gaps will be), if people deviate from that route its easy to become confused and make bad passes that will get intercepted. Similar things can happen on defense.
id love to play gaurd... as would alot of other throwbacks that love to pound the ball... or people who played offensive line in HS, etc....

as far as breaking off routes, thats a GREAT thing... its life like. in real life you make adjustments... and the QB and WR need to be on the same page when that happens... so you and your buddy who is the WR need to be on the same page.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2009, 04:17 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 6

I voted Yes. Even if random games would be a bit of a mess, if you could set it up and find people who would play right it would be a fun experience.

I'd probably play TE or QB. Just the positions that appeal to me most. On defense, maybe a safety or a DE.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:19 PM   #47
Rookie

Br0wn23's Arena

OVR: 5

i voted yes this would be so great for madden, to figure out your position, they could have like a training camp to see who has the highest scores in each position.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:20 PM   #48
All Star

OVR: 33

Shotgun QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »