Home

Will Using Custom soundtracks free up more space on the disk to implement more ideas?

This is a discussion on Will Using Custom soundtracks free up more space on the disk to implement more ideas? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2009, 01:34 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 35
Will Using Custom soundtracks free up more space on the disk to implement more ideas?

Do we really need 30 rock and rap songs in the game? What was wrong with the custom music from PS1 days and 02?

If the devs get rid of all the crappy songs wouldn't it free up more space to implement more ideas? Users can listen to whatever they wanted by listening to music stored on their harddrive.

Im betting it would save some production money too, by not paying the artists money for the right to use their songs.

To me these songs, except the NFL ones, dont make me feel like im playing a football game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2009, 06:45 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Will Using Custom soundtracks free up more space on the disk to implement more id

No.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:02 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Will Using Custom soundtracks free up more space on the disk to implement more id

EA is making money off of those songs in some kind of way. They have a lot invested in that part so I doubt we'll see those go away anytime soon. Some of these songs hit commercial radio and for that to happen somebody has to be working them. I've also heard these these songs playing at NFL Stadiums during games.

I watched a show EA had on this once, and they basically run the music sector like a record label. They're definitely making some money off of this music.

Yes it would free up some space, but we're talking Megabytes and probably less than 300 depending on how many tracks are in it. I'm sure there is something they could do with that, but to what extent is unknown to us.

I don't want to see indie acts get less opportunities to have their music heard, so I don't mind them being in I just wish I had custom soundtracks, too.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 03-15-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:06 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

a blu ray disk is like 50GB... i dont think 30 songs(say 100 MB) is going to even make a dent in that.

even on the 360 thats what a 9 GB disk? again 100 MB doesnt make a dent in that

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »