Home

Hurry Up Offense

This is a discussion on Hurry Up Offense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Hurry Up Offense Should Be Only Allowed At The 2:00 Mark Of Each Period
AGREE 12 16.00%
DISAGREE 63 84.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2009, 12:12 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Hurry Up Offense

You don't even have to look at the colts. I'm 100% sure that there are countless HS football players out there that have run into a no huddle offense.

I played HS football afew years ago, my brother still does, his HS runs some no huddle, and the varsity has won 24 str8 games, seniors at my brothers school went there entire HS career with 1 loss and 2 state titles(Aquanis of Rochester).

One school in our area, Webster Thomas, has run a no huddle offense at all levels (fresh, JV, Varisty) for over 8 years str8. And they are good at it too.

Google Webster Thomas NYS section 5 football, you'll see acouple state champs over the past couple years. and the run noooo huddle alllll day. If a 14 yr old freshman QB can do it year after year... an NFL game should have it no matter what.

plus with 5 minute Qs, you need it sometimes, we already get less than half the number of plays in an actually NFL game, hurry up squeezes afew extra in.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
disagree. no huddle is used in other situations besides the 2 minute drill.
ditto. It's the responsibility of the defense to audible and stop it.

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Old 03-16-2009, 12:20 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 10

I strongly disagree..I mean..I see why you would say that but it takes control away from the player..I dont think there is a team in the nfl that throws only pass plays all game but they shouldn't limit the number of pass plays we can do because of the nfl. Theres also consequences to running the no huddle offense so if people want to take that risk..let em go ahead.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:23 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 32

I think Ian is a smart guy and knows how football is supposed to be played. There is no way he is going to limit the no-huddle option...
Old 03-16-2009, 12:36 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 20

The key to making a sim game is to allow players to use as many possible strategies as you can to give to same abilities as coaches in real life. You need to look at why each of the strategies and techniques succeed or fail and why that is not how it works in the game. They have discussed doing this in a few areas already but they need to do this with many more areas. No huddle offense, defenses using dime and quarter as a base against heavy sets, they need to look at every pass route and look at where they should succeed and fail so you don't have curl routes and slant routes overpowered and some routes almost impossible to throw like the fade route.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2009, 01:01 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 7

The solution isn't to limit the hurry up offense. It's to make those fat offensive line men hit their fatigue limits quicker.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:21 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 13

Hurry up has never affected my defensive playing online or off, so I really don't care.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:40 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 9

Also, I think a disciplined team with a good QB should be okay to run hurry up (colts), but if your team is not used to playing like that, there should be holding penalties, false starts, etc.

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »