Home

Bar has been raised

This is a discussion on Bar has been raised within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2009, 08:29 AM   #9
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Bar has been raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Yeah sadly if its not on the 360 some people will begin to hate. As far as people using the PS3 as only a Bluray player, they are either lost, blind or are missing out. I love the 360, but the PS3 also has some great games, MLB09 the show being one of them. The Show has raised the bar as far as sports game goes. I think Madden 10 can meet the MLB09 standards this year, its all upto what the developers put into it. MLB07 - MLB08 was nice leap as far as graphics gameplay, etc. NFL2K4-NFL2K5 took a huge leap, NBA2K6 - NBA2K7 took a nice leap forward also.Madden 09-Madden10 needs to do the same thing. No more excusses for Madden.. maybe next year, we didn't have time, etc. Especially if we are wanting the same things we have been asking for, for like 5 years now and things and features that other sports games have - MLB09,NBA2K9,NFL2K5. So far it seems the Madden devs are prepping Madden to take ascend to the next level with Madden10, we shall see.
Just a friendly reminder.

Ian stated when he said, Everything on Sunday, you see in Madden, didn't mean everything was going to be in 10. He meant 10 and beyond.

I don't think everything everybody wants will be in 10, so, there will be some disappointments.

I think they are headed in the right direction, though.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:05 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 12

The Show raises the bar on so many levels its hard to fathom how Madden, in its current & future state, can even get close to what The Show has done. I would love nothing more than to see Madden get close to The Show but I'm not too optimistic. I've been let down too many years now to allow myself to fall for all the hoopla and hype to only buy Madden and 2 months later be completely bored with the game.

Think about everything we are seeing when we play THE SHOW then ask yourself if its realistic for Madden 09 to make that transition in Madden10???
Old 03-16-2009, 09:08 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Just a friendly reminder.

Ian stated when he said, Everything on Sunday, you see in Madden, didn't mean everything was going to be in 10. He meant 10 and beyond.

I don't think everything everybody wants will be in 10, so, there will be some disappointments.

I think they are headed in the right direction, though.
Thats the unfortunate thing about EA and their hype wagon...Its an endless waiting game...Its always "Wait until next year"...By the time Madden gets playable beyond 2 months I'll have arthritis and won't be able to hold my controller anymore

At this juncture FIFA and Hockey are clearly EA's top games in terms of quality...Those are likely the best games in their specific genre. Meanwhile the next EA game that is on the cusp of making the transition from worst to first is NBA LIVE. The one constant about the other EA games that have made the necessary improvements is that they have COMPETITION...Madden will make changes...It will be OK...But without competition I'm not sure the same urgency will be there that the NBA LIVE team has. NBA LIVE was on its dying legs 2 years ago after two very suspect next gen offerings...Now they seem to have just about turned the corner with the gameplay, physics, features, graphics and presentation...Not to mention the DNA Feature.

Can & will Madden regain the trust and respect it so deserves???...Ian and crew seem to be working hard on the board to get us back believeing in Madden...So for now I'd say they are on the right track but at the end of the day its all gonna come down to the game...MADDEN...will it do enough of the LITTLE THINGS to keep us???...Time will only tell

Last edited by dat swag; 03-16-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2009, 09:36 AM   #12
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

The other great aspect of MLB the Show that I would love to see in Madden is the lighting in the game.

Playing in the day looks like your playing a day game, and the same with night games.

There is no weird blue glow or anything like that. The crazy thing is that Madden 08 on the PC has great lighting, so I don't know why they can't use the same lighting from that game.

MLB the show is ridiculous how authentic that game is. I'm just blown away on the great job they did.

This is where I honestly thought Madden was going to be by this time, but changing the whole programing with a new type of graphics and stuff just brought the whole franchise backwards, but hopefully it will shine once again with Madden 10.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:04 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 26

Yeah NBA Live made some huge strides but it is still lagging pretty far behind in the "sim" gamer aspect-to each his won though. I love MLB 09 The Show and I admit it is the best sports "sim" game I have ever played and it raised the bar for all sports games, but I believe Madden can easily catch up. I refuse to believe it takes 2-3 development cycles to drastically alter a game, I'm convinced either the developer or higher powers hold off on many changes just to keep people yearning for more....like a drug dealer.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #14
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

MLB The Show is the ****! I'm not even a baseball fan and I buy the show. I've only won 2 games since I got it but I love it!

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 03-16-2009, 11:10 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
The Show raises the bar on so many levels its hard to fathom how Madden, in its current & future state, can even get close to what The Show has done. I would love nothing more than to see Madden get close to The Show but I'm not too optimistic. I've been let down too many years now to allow myself to fall for all the hoopla and hype to only buy Madden and 2 months later be completely bored with the game.

Think about everything we are seeing when we play THE SHOW then ask yourself if its realistic for Madden 09 to make that transition in Madden10???
I wouldn't be here if I didn't think it was possible. It will happen this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2009, 11:19 AM   #16
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
I wouldn't be here if I didn't think it was possible. It will happen this year.
I hope you're right

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »