Home

Bar has been raised

This is a discussion on Bar has been raised within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2009, 11:35 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Bar has been raised

The MLB development team has alot of advantages over the Madden guys

Baseball has little details to mess with.. Pitching, Bating, fielding, throwing, catching, thats about it. They have alot less guys on the field doing fewer things. A 3rd baseman stands there and does nothing half the time, has to catch 1 ball, throw it to 1 base, and thats the play.

Football has blocking, running, hitting, tackling, catching, jumping, throwing, defending, passrushing, route running and soooo any other things to pay attention to. Football is the modern meat heads chess. It is the most complicated and strategic sport there is with the most going on(mostly due to the fact there are the most ppl on the field actively doing something, 22, in soccer there are 20something but really only like 5 are involved in the action at the time) and honestly baseball is the simpliest of all sports. like 75% of baseball is the battle between the the pitcher and the hitter.

If madden got to be the best sports game ever before a baseball game then the MLB team would have alot to be sorry for. Madden should have more problems the MLB, you can't compare the 2 really, they are sooo different. Basketball and Hockey are comparable sports games. IMO Baseball is more like Tennis than Football.

and i did play baseball for afew years..i'm not trying to bash baseball, i'm more or less putting football on a petistool.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:59 PM   #18
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sin18
The MLB development team has alot of advantages over the Madden guys

Baseball has little details to mess with.. Pitching, Bating, fielding, throwing, catching, thats about it. They have alot less guys on the field doing fewer things. A 3rd baseman stands there and does nothing half the time, has to catch 1 ball, throw it to 1 base, and thats the play.

Football has blocking, running, hitting, tackling, catching, jumping, throwing, defending, passrushing, route running and soooo any other things to pay attention to. Football is the modern meat heads chess. It is the most complicated and strategic sport there is with the most going on(mostly due to the fact there are the most ppl on the field actively doing something, 22, in soccer there are 20something but really only like 5 are involved in the action at the time) and honestly baseball is the simpliest of all sports. like 75% of baseball is the battle between the the pitcher and the hitter.

If madden got to be the best sports game ever before a baseball game then the MLB team would have alot to be sorry for. Madden should have more problems the MLB, you can't compare the 2 really, they are sooo different. Basketball and Hockey are comparable sports games. IMO Baseball is more like Tennis than Football.

and i did play baseball for afew years..i'm not trying to bash baseball, i'm more or less putting football on a petistool.
I was just about to make this point myself but im glad you made it for me!

Baseball and football are to different animals. Baseball is just so much more simple than football.

Im not giving EA a pass because they should be much farther along ,but they admitted it and own it and hopefully there better for it.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 03-16-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:23 PM   #19
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

All Im sayin is, Im renting Madden 10 first to see before i buy it. Been let down too many years in a row. Yes, baseball is more simple than football. But Madden has been making games for a very long time, well EA has in regards to football. SCEA i dont think has that much experience. Regardless, after playing mlb 09, there's no way I can buy another sports title regardless if its ea or 2k before i rent it first and see if its even worth buying. MLLB 09 is hand down the best sports game of all time, i really dont see madden 10 "catching" up to it. They are always imo going to be 2-3yrs behind what consumers feel where they should be. MLB 09 has surpassed expectations of its consumers. First time i can remember a spoorts game has ever done this. I know its the first time for the next-gen consoles. Now if EA can give up rights to football, maybe scea can show them how to make a football game too.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:30 PM   #20
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
All Im sayin is, Im renting Madden 10 first to see before i buy it. Been let down too many years in a row. Yes, baseball is more simple than football. But Madden has been making games for a very long time, well EA has in regards to football. SCEA i dont think has that much experience. Regardless, after playing mlb 09, there's no way I can buy another sports title regardless if its ea or 2k before i rent it first and see if its even worth buying. MLLB 09 is hand down the best sports game of all time, i really dont see madden 10 "catching" up to it. They are always imo going to be 2-3yrs behind what consumers feel where they should be. MLB 09 has surpassed expectations of its consumers. First time i can remember a spoorts game has ever done this. I know its the first time for the next-gen consoles. Now if EA can give up rights to football, maybe scea can show them how to make a football game too.
If Im not mistaken 989 studios was sony. And there football games sucked!

Old 03-16-2009, 03:35 PM   #21
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
If Im not mistaken 989 studios was sony. And there football games sucked!
Yea and also they make an NBA series which has been straight garbage on PS3

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2009, 03:45 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I was just about to make this point myself but im glad you made it for me!

Baseball and football are to different animals. Baseball is just so much more simple than football.

Im not giving EA a pass because they should be much farther along ,but they admitted it and own it and hopefully there better for it.
Both are slow as hell and boring to watch but both fun games to play.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:50 PM   #23
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

ya, their basketball game is garbage on the ps3. not sure if 989 sports was sony. i didnt think their football gms were horrible tho being that they were on ps2
Old 03-16-2009, 03:57 PM   #24
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by copecowboy
Both are slow as hell and boring to watch but both fun games to play.
I disagree I dont think that there's anything slow about football. Football is my favorite sport to watch(hoops being a close 2nd). Even with your opinion of both sports there are completely different.

Football is much more difficult(matter fact the most difficult) sport to try and create a "sim" version. There more players in play then any other sport that by itself makes it harder. There are so many different positions and body types for each position. Not to mention the physics side of it having two or more humans crashing into each other which happen way more in football then in any other sport.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »