Home

Bar has been raised

This is a discussion on Bar has been raised within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2009, 03:59 PM   #25
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Bar has been raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
If Im not mistaken 989 studios was sony. And there football games sucked!
That may be true but I remember EA saying that 3D polygonal football players were not possible on the Playstation 1 hardware. 989 released NFL Gameday 98 which for the first time featured fully 3D polygonal players (http://psx.ign.com/articles/152/152087p1.html). What happens next year? Lo and behold, Madden 99 goes polygonal on the PS 1.

Competition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2009, 04:09 PM   #26
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
That may be true but I remember EA saying that 3D polygonal football players were not possible on the Playstation 1 hardware. 989 released NFL Gameday 98 which for the first time featured fully 3D polygonal players (http://psx.ign.com/articles/152/152087p1.html). What happens next year? Lo and behold, Madden 99 goes polygonal on the PS 1.

Competition.
Anybody who think EA exclusive deal is better for videogame progression is just flat out wrong.

There is no doubt in my mind that i wanna see 2k Sports and SCEA both get a crack at it. But I was just making a point that making baseball games are easier than football games.

Competition is always better for us the customers!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:31 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

yea bring on SCEA NFL The Life 2011. hahah
Old 03-16-2009, 04:32 PM   #28
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollerback04
yea bring on SCEA NFL The Life 2011. hahah
That was a good one.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:46 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
I own a ps3, and have mlb 09. BEST sports game ever made of all time! If u own a ps3, rent this gm or buy it.

reason im podting this is cuz scea raised the bar to what a true sports game should be like. EA better step their game up. After playing the show, i wont buy madden, but rent it first. if it even compares to mlb 09(which willl be tough), then i'll buy.

EA im sure realizes what scea has done, and thats create the most authentic sports game ever.... imo. and the bar has been raised, i just hope ea steps up to the challenge.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the AI for a baseball game is a lot more simple than football.

1. Pitching/Batting - while this is happening these are the only 2 animated players.

2. Fielding/running to base - again its not a field of 22 players all doing different things and interacting with each other. There is max 4 people running bases and 1 or 2 people chasing the ball. None of which block or tackle each other.

I don't mean to belittle baseball or MLB, what I'm saying is the complexities of making a baseball game and a football game are very different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »