Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Player Momentum

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Player Momentum within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2009, 06:19 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Latest Madden NFL 10 blog: Player Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Ouch man, that hurts. I'm loaded with work, I still put this together and you got no love for me!
Weekly updates on madden in March! How can anyone not be wowed by that! Keep em coming no matter how small or rushed the blogs have to be.

Personally I love this blog, its a small tweak but will be a massive difference in gameplay. I'm looking forward to throwing to a WR and seeing defenders adjusting their direction rather than them all hurtling towards him as soon as the pass is out of the QBs hand.

"For the future vision of Madden, we want a football coach that's never played Madden before to be able to take down a Madden Challenge competitor..."
This is huge, I love this direction.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:26 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 6

IAN NICE VID I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO MADDEN 10. IS THERE GOING TO BE ANY CROWD NOISE IN THE GAME.I HAVE 1 QUESTION HAVE U GUYS CHANGED THE CROWD AT ALL.

BECAUSE IN MADDEN 09 THE CROWDS DEAD SLIENT WHICH IS ANNOYING BECAUSE IT FEELS LIKE YOUR NOT EVEN HOME. I WOULD LIKE THEIR TO BE A 12TH MAN CAUSE IN NCAA ME AND MY FRIENDS ALWAYS FIGHT WHO GETS TO BE HOME WE FLIP A COIN.

NY GIANTS ARE THE TEAM TO BEAT IN 09

Last edited by NYG34; 03-16-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:27 PM   #51
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22
After I thought about it again, this is all wrong. It is acceleration that needs to be implemented and this weird circle running needs to be taking out.

Just like my last post, You decelerate than make your cut, you are rounding off the cut!!!!!!!!! Routes like that would get you benched in Highschool Football.
He's not making cuts in these videos. This is to illustrate you can't just instantly change directions while running full speed anymore.

I specifically asked on twitter, "Can I lay off the stick a bit to get my guy to plant and make a cut?", and he said yes, that's exactly how it works.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2009, 06:27 PM   #52
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

This is what I've been hoping for. The PS2 "feel"

I'm pretty excited now for Madden. Now all I need to see is if the blocking(line interaction) is improved and the presentation. After that I will be sold.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 03-16-2009, 06:27 PM   #53
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

Not everything is going to be perfect, and some things are extraordinarily hard to implement correctly without compromising balance in the game. I would prefer for there to also be some sort of hard cut where the runner has to decelerate to cut, but I will take just the soft rounded cuts like this to only having the exaggerated cuts with no loss of speed that we have had in the past.

I am hoping that there is more to talk about with momentum. I'm thinking along the lines of weight / momentum having an impact on collision animation selection.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Player with better route running skill should have a much sharper turn rate!
I don't know about that. Route running should determine the quality of the fakes made, the accuracy of the routes, the separation gained at the point of the cut, etc. The turns should be based on agility mostly. The plant/turns should be based on acceleration with maybe some agility.

Of course, great route runners usually have great acceleration and agility which helps them make their cuts even better. This allows players to be great in any of the three areas but no matter how skilled a player is at running routes, there will be limitations if the other areas are weak. No matter how well a player accelerates or how agile he is it won't make them great route runners because the defense will be much more able to read their routes allowing them to stay ahead. That said, being great in any one area can be used as a weapon.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:30 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 25

I want to work through this openly, so we all understnad what were getting, expecting, and what Ian is doing. This way the results will be what we all want.

When I looked at the runner running in those videos, it didn't look, or seem to feel real or right. In my humble opinion, the runner was on the wrong foot at times. He would lean, step, turn on his pivot feet going the other way, and then the correct leg would move and the cooresponding foot would hit the ground.

He runner never put his head up, shoulders back, and strided through his max speed with a sprinters form.

Go back, watch the tape. This is good, but....nevermind...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2009, 06:31 PM   #56
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
He's not making cuts in these videos. This is to illustrate you can't just instantly change directions while running full speed anymore.

I specifically asked on twitter, "Can I lay off the stick a bit to get my guy to plant and make a cut?", and he said yes, that's exactly how it works.
If that's the case, and it works well, then I'm fine with that. The problem is that it's such a tricky feel to manually decelerate, cut and go without losing too much speed for it to be effective. It's hard to get just right, and I'm just worried that often even if you feel like you timed it right and everything it will still seem like you don't get that plant and go feel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »