Home

Strafe Catch Issue (Video)

This is a discussion on Strafe Catch Issue (Video) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2009, 02:30 AM   #17
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Strafe Catch Issue (Video)

yeah. madden always seems to add one ability without one to counter it. which is why there are 'cheese' and money plays and stuff. the defense needs a lot of work.

but i never played madden 08 or 07 but maybe 10-15 minutes. i thought they were that bad.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:11 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
yeah. madden always seems to add one ability without one to counter it. which is why there are 'cheese' and money plays and stuff. the defense needs a lot of work.

but i never played madden 08 or 07 but maybe 10-15 minutes. i thought they were that bad.
i played 07 & 08 because i was a blind madden fanatic who played over 1000 ranked games over those 2 maddens and now i only played 16 games this year because im tired having to adjust my game for strafe catching,make it rain catching and curl routes which run madden 09

Holding of the Y button is the reason for these issues and i hope they are addressed as soon as possible
Old 03-18-2009, 12:52 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin4QB
i played 07 & 08 because i was a blind madden fanatic who played over 1000 ranked games over those 2 maddens and now i only played 16 games this year because im tired having to adjust my game for strafe catching,make it rain catching and curl routes which run madden 09

Holding of the Y button is the reason for these issues and i hope they are addressed as soon as possible

Sup Blazin. Think we played at the Madden Bowl in Philly in Madden 2008. We were both in "TRUTH"'s bracket. I beat you 17-14 my Giants vs. your Patriots. (Just like the Superbowl, BTW!).

You are making great points and i have said this all along, when you take away having to time a catch, or make a defensive play on the ball, you are essentially taking away USER CONTROL. Holding down "Y" the entire time does not equate to "USER CATCHING", well, not REAL USER CATCHING anyways. Keep up the good work man, im hoping one of these years we'll ALL be happy with the game.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:14 PM   #20
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16

The problem is that the DB is playing the spot of where the ball is going instead of the actual WR, that's why the db is not aggressive. When the user clicks to control the WR the user plays the ball and the DB is still playing the spot. Great vid I hope it gets addressed hopefully the new momentum can take care of it.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Old 03-21-2009, 03:59 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRZA
Sup Blazin. Think we played at the Madden Bowl in Philly in Madden 2008. We were both in "TRUTH"'s bracket. I beat you 17-14 my Giants vs. your Patriots. (Just like the Superbowl, BTW!).

You are making great points and i have said this all along, when you take away having to time a catch, or make a defensive play on the ball, you are essentially taking away USER CONTROL. Holding down "Y" the entire time does not equate to "USER CATCHING", well, not REAL USER CATCHING anyways. Keep up the good work man, im hoping one of these years we'll ALL be happy with the game.
Yeah i remember i played you trying to use the pats because i had a gameplan rather then playing straight out with the eagles. I had alot of fun in philly but honestly if the refs let players motion glitch which is the way truth beat me then i will never again pay money for another playersbowl. Truth motion glitches me then goes on to the final 4 to lose to problem when he shouldnt have been there.

Yeah hopefully we will be happy and im trying to help these guys out as much as possible
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2009, 04:26 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
The jump by randy doesn't really bother me that much. He isn't really jumping incredibly high. At the height of his jump his feet are usually even with nnamdi's thighs. Nnamdi is what, like 6'2" and randy is jumping about 40% of nnamdi's height or like around 30 inches. Doesn't randy have like a 99 jump rating. That should equal at least a 40 inch verticle shouldn't it.

A guy with a 40 inch verticle jumping 30 inches in the air to catch the ball doesn't bother me. When guys with lower jump ratings do it, there is the problem. The main problem's showed here are 1, QBs being able to throw that high bullet without ever missing. 2, the db should be easily able to flip randy as soon as randy touches the ball, no big hit required, but you can't do that. 3, there are no real contested jump ball animations or not many. 4, regardless of your reciever's ratings with user catch he becomes unstoppable and without it he will not go for the ball. The user is given too much power making the ratings irrelivent.
"The jump by randy doesn't really bother me that much. He isn't really jumping incredibly high"

Im not making a physics perspective here but the point im trying to make is that he shouldnt be able to make perfect jumps everytime the ball is thrown his way in which results in a glitchy jump catch
Old 03-21-2009, 04:30 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
The jump by randy doesn't really bother me that much. He isn't really jumping incredibly high. At the height of his jump his feet are usually even with nnamdi's thighs. Nnamdi is what, like 6'2" and randy is jumping about 40% of nnamdi's height or like around 30 inches. Doesn't randy have like a 99 jump rating. That should equal at least a 40 inch verticle shouldn't it.

A guy with a 40 inch verticle jumping 30 inches in the air to catch the ball doesn't bother me. When guys with lower jump ratings do it, there is the problem. The main problem's showed here are 1, QBs being able to throw that high bullet without ever missing. 2, the db should be easily able to flip randy as soon as randy touches the ball, no big hit required, but you can't do that. 3, there are no real contested jump ball animations or not many. 4, regardless of your reciever's ratings with user catch he becomes unstoppable and without it he will not go for the ball. The user is given too much power making the ratings irrelivent.

Hey Kcarr this videos for you
Old 03-21-2009, 04:51 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 35

gosh it looks so ugly

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »