Home

Strafe Catch Issue (Video)

This is a discussion on Strafe Catch Issue (Video) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2009, 05:32 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Strafe Catch Issue (Video)

maybe they should eliminate holding Y n make u tap it for good timing cause catching a football requires timing...or if u hold it u catch with shoulder pads which more than likely will result in a drop..... idk wat they can do wit strafe
Old 03-21-2009, 05:37 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Panthers
maybe they should eliminate holding Y n make u tap it for good timing cause catching a football requires timing...or if u hold it u catch with shoulder pads which more than likely will result in a drop..... idk wat they can do wit strafe
you said:"idk wat they can do wit strafe"

and answered your own question:
"maybe they should eliminate holding Y n make u tap it for good timing cause catching a football requires timing"

i personally believe the animation as well as the holding Y should be removed
Old 03-21-2009, 05:41 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin4QB
you said:"idk wat they can do wit strafe"

and answered your own question:
"maybe they should eliminate holding Y n make u tap it for good timing cause catching a football requires timing"

i personally believe the animation as well as the holding Y should be removed
lol im tweakin.... if they remove the animation completely then they need some better DB Coverage. cause im tired of havin to be a safety the whole game to protect the deep ball from moss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2009, 05:48 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Panthers
lol im tweakin.... if they remove the animation completely then they need some better DB Coverage. cause im tired of havin to be a safety the whole game to protect the deep ball from moss.
With this quote you hinted my to my next video

"im tired of havin to be a safety the whole game to protect the deep ball from moss"

i never really thought about this but this is the actual reason we have to use the safety.....i thought it was because i liked to use safeties but it was actually for the deep ball glitch (Good thinking NC)
Old 03-21-2009, 05:55 PM   #37
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

"im tired of havin to be a safety the whole game to protect the deep ball from moss"

i never really thought about this but this is the actual reason we have to use the safety.....i thought it was because i liked to use safeties but it was actually for the deep ball glitch (Good thinking NC)
I personally dont have problems protecting the deep ball i just switch to the safties while the ball is in the air....i play on the linebackers all day....but i do understand where ya'll comin from tho
Old 03-21-2009, 05:56 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:

haha yeah.....hopefully madden 010 they fix the speed because if you noticed the deep ball glitch works with the tall WR's With Speed Icon.... =/ I Hate it That Steve Smith Will Rarely Burn The CB
Old 03-21-2009, 05:58 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
I personally dont have problems protecting the deep ball i just switch to the safties while the ball is in the air....i play on the linebackers all day....but i do understand where ya'll comin from tho
Well It Depends What Wide Receiver your playing against and if its manuel players.... Play against WR Like Calvin Johnson Randy Moss Andre Johnson and if they got a cannon arm QB youll be toast if you dont have control of the safety for the whole game or if you get pressure....thats why i hate controling the safety because it will leave you more vunarable to short passes
Old 03-21-2009, 06:00 PM   #40
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Mark who?!?! MARK JONES!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »