Home

99 SKILL RATINGS

This is a discussion on 99 SKILL RATINGS within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2009, 12:58 AM   #25
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: 99 SKILL RATINGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Brain Westbrook is nice, I just don't see him as agile as Adrian Peterson.
Agility isnt even A.D. strength its his burst, power and top end speed. Westbrook is a lot better at eluding tacklers. Most of the highlight reel was him running past people not juking them. Dont get me wrong hes a beast and I would take him before any other back but Westbrook is more agile trust me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwHALbxBCaI

He the closest thing to Barry in the league right now!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 01:11 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 13

You know what that All Day highlight really points out, nearly screams it actually, - the need to bring back the last gen controls and give us back the more subtle "cut moves". You could not recreate most of those runs on NG Madden, but you could with LG Madden due to the smoother flow of the action and the quick minor adjustment cut moves - Dang just give me those back already!!!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 01:25 AM   #27
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
You know what that All Day highlight really points out, nearly screams it actually, - the need to bring back the last gen controls and give us back the more subtle "cut moves". You could not recreate most of those runs on NG Madden, but you could with LG Madden due to the smoother flow of the action and the quick minor adjustment cut moves - Dang just give me those back already!!!!!
I was always taught 1 cut and go. You can not do that on Madden and with suction tackles you cant just burst past the defender like in those highlights. "Sim" my ***!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:28 AM   #28
All Star

OVR: 33

Ian has said they are stretching ratings this year.

I just want them to stretch them a bit more.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:41 AM   #29
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

NO one should be 90+ in anything. this is what breaks the game. lets use A.D as an example he is so beast on the field so we give him 99 elusiveness then he shankes off a 300 pound guy to display that rating.

we give him a 99 acceleration then he comes off the line at top speed, breaks tackles at top speed, and plays tired at top speed.

i recently edited this game and i have proof in vids that ratings are way too high, causing clipping and animation issues.

90+ in stiff arm, elusiveness, juking, BC this is why A.D is broken in this game with stats like that he breaks tackles from two 300 lbs guys like school girls.

Last edited by carnalnirvana; 03-18-2009 at 07:43 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:46 AM   #30
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
NO one should be 90+ in anything. this is what breaks the game. lets use A.D as an example he is so beast on the field so we give him 99 elusiveness then he shankes off a 300 pound guy to display that rating.

we give him a 99 acceleration then he comes off the line at top speed, breaks tackles at top speed, and plays tired at top speed.

i recently edited this game and i have proof in vids that ratings are way too high, causing clipping and animation issues.

90+ in stiff arm, elusiveness, juking, BC this is why A.D is broken in this game with stats like that he breaks tackles from two 300 lbs guys like school girls.
This makes sense. But if lets say 95 was the top rating, it would be equivalent to 99 neway. They just need to reduce the effectiveness of the 99 or give it to less players. Even 95 in a category is very high.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:26 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Jay Cutler should get 99 arm strength
if you use a radar gun on jays and jamarcus's bullet Cutlers would be higher.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 11:26 AM   #32
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

the Ovr rating needs to go

and they should add one called Consistency and no one gets a 90+ it either this could try to govern how well a guy plays to his highest ability

if implemented remotely decent this should cut down some of the weird moments in madden IMO.

because not on every play a player has his best stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »