Home

I loved the sim idea

This is a discussion on I loved the sim idea within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2009, 06:56 PM   #9
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: I loved the sim idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
If EA product NBALive can go from completely unplayable to pretty damn good in one cycle there is a lot of hope for Madden!
That says it all right there. Now I think NBA Live 10 will be amazing, because NBA Live 09 is such a solid game. I'm hoping Madden will continue EA's turn around. Hopefully even better than NBA Live 09.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 03-21-2009, 01:10 AM   #10
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampN252
Hi all, long time Madden fan here.

The idea of making Madden more sim style game is great. I believe this is where the next-gen(06 and up I think) of Maddens have failed. Madden has really just turned into a game. I don't want to have fun playing a football game, i want realism. I want Madden RTS. If I wanted to re-enact Fitzgerald killing the Panthers, I want to do that...the jump balls, lost coverage and all. You think about, Madden was originally created as a sim tool for training players. If you have ever played a flight simulator, you know it not easy and very realistic, Madden should be the same. I love the stuff I'm reading on the EA blog. I just hate when I see unrealistic stuff happen on Madden, becuase I play flag football and did hs football. I know what goes down, why cover gets blown, and so on. I think I heard there is a new team on the game, so I'm not knock anybody, but I lost faith in Madden and I didn't even buy it this year. Just want to comment. Thanks
You know, I can't tell if this guy is using REALLY thinck sarcasim, or what. I know that Madden was NOT made to "Train Players." It IS a video game... but the point of playing a Football Video game, to most, is to be able to simulate the feeling of PLAYING 11 on 11 tackle football on a profesional level. I like the idea of being able to paly with isual representations of the players we see on sunday and as fans have some sort of emtional attatchments to. A HUGE reason why no one has really put forth the effort to creat a hard core sim football games that DOESN'T use the NFL license is because they know that without it, the game won't sell very well. I would buy it and I would bet many people here would as well, but hat oesn't change the fact that Hardcore fans don't make up enough of a demo to warent such a project.

I find it funny how quickly people forget that Madden NFL wasn't always a monopoly in the pro football market. Game Day, Fever, QB club, troy Aikeman football, techmo bowl, Joe Montana Football, 2k, etc were all titles that have come and gone and Madden has stayed the test of time through them all. [I do not want to get into a war about buying out the license to WIN that battle] There is a reason that by 2004 Madden was GREAT and the top selling NFL product PRIOR to the license buy out.

I whole heartedly agree that 09 is pathetic, but that is a completely different issue. One of the best things about older games of maden was that if you DID want a crazy shoot out passing game with BIG runs and big hits you could put it on ROOKIE dificulty and go at it. To an extent this is still true. the problem is it is also true on all-pro and all-madden.

Moving video game football closer and closer to what you see on sundays is the staple of this franchise that they have sorely lost sight of these past 5 years. According to Ian, however, they are turning their ship around. In my opinion, if you really want crazy football, play rookie mode or play blitz. When i sign up for all-pro/all-madden football, leave the velveta at the door and take your glitches and shove them up your
Old 03-21-2009, 02:13 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 7

I need a Madden expert to step in. Madden was created as a training simulation tool. Thats one of those thing you just gotta know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2009, 02:29 PM   #12
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

How in the world would you realitically expect ot use a videogame from 1989 to REALITICALLY "train" players to play football? If this IS true, then they did a terrible job recreating real football. this game is far to complicated for 1989-2002 to honestly simulate football. While we have had problems on legacygen Madden games, they finally started to simulate the little things that make football the complex sport it is today.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:51 PM   #13
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Champ might be right hell nascar drivers use their game as a training tool

AREVA DERCHE
Old 03-21-2009, 08:25 PM   #14
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

They use it NOW. not 20 years ago. how could anyone play/look at John Madden Football in 1989-90's and think "Oh this a great tool for teaching football skills." These early generation games were fun but much more on the VIDEOGAME end of things rather than on the SIMULATION tool end of things. You pick up Madden to play the closest thing to real football you can get, however that dosn't mean you are playing something that is remotely close to football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »