Home

Draft Class creator

This is a discussion on Draft Class creator within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2009, 11:10 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
Draft Class creator

Maybe this has been asked for, I don't know. But I was thinking it would be a really cool idea to create a section of NCAA that would allow us to create our own draft class.

This should be ITS OWN section that would be setup in a fashion as to make editing the run, faster, smoother, and easier.

Roster editing is just two clunky and doesn't guarantee what the results in Madden will be.

I think this could sell more copies of NCAA for people that would just mainly want this function.

Another alternative would be to create it by itself for purchase online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 12:00 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Draft Class creator

What exactly do you mean?

― Plato
Old 03-18-2009, 03:50 PM   #3
Banned

I want something to create the imported draft class file. Something where I can create all the College recruits and edit their ratings, names, colleges, physicals, etc. Then when I am done I can save it as a file that would be imported into Madden as a new draft class.

So, in Madden 10 in Franchise Mode after my first season I can create the next year's draft class.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:54 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 39

It called NCAA Football. And the draft class creator/ exporter tool is 60$ and come with a free built in copy of college football to play while you pass time until Madden comes out.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:07 PM   #5
Banned

I have NCAA , that isn't what I meant. To create a class using that is absurd.

The editing tools takes way way to long and you aren't guaranteed who is going to go into the draft at the end of the year. Only whomever graduated or elects to go to the draft early. Also, the ratings wind up changing when it is sent to Madden.

I want something made only for creating the draft class. It could be part of NCAA but they current system is to much of a pain in the *** to use for that purpose.

It could simply be a excel looking programs that has the players by positions with columns for names, colleges, rating, etc. That way you could edit it without spending half a year and be guaranteed who is actually going to be in the draft AND their ratings.

Last edited by stux; 03-18-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 04:08 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 19

I kinda get what your saying... It would be easier if once you import your NCAA draft class you could edit the draft class, such as jersey number, ratings, player equipment...NBA 2k9 has this feature without the import the class because 2K doesn't make a college game anymore.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:12 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

I think it would be cool if you could create random draft classes by giving each position a grade out of 5 stars. The draft class creator tool would limit the amount of stars you can give out and scale the higher the skills gets. IE, 1 pts to get WR's to 1 star, 3 pts to 2 stars, etc, etc.

It would alleviate the lack of some players in draft classes, like FBs and blockings TEs, etc. And people could upload like a full 15 years worth of draft classes for people to download an experience the drafts the creator set up.

You could get more in depth with it I guess, just spit ballin' here.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #8
Banned

I like the randomness idea. I think it would be cool to create some of the ratings and have random names generated.

The system they have to generate drafts can just never be perfect. So, the solutions is to give US the tools to make the class the way be want. But at the same time give us the option of setting the randoms whether its names, ratings, number of players in each positions, etc.

The bottom line is if we have enough things options as to what is random and what we set we could get the results each of us are looking for.

I think if done right this could be a HUGE feature or a cool DL content item. In either case, I don't think it would take that long to implement (low cost) and I think there would be enough to demand (money) for it (either as a feature of Madden, NCAA, or a paid DL).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »