Home

Button Smashing or Lazy Bones?

This is a discussion on Button Smashing or Lazy Bones? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Button Smasher or Lazy Fingers
Button Smashing (2k Games) 38 46.34%
Trigger (EA Games) 44 53.66%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2009, 07:27 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Button Smashing or Lazy Bones?

It would be a lot easier and more realistic to just do away with any sort of turbo button...the NHL series doesn't have turbo and it works great. I would like the runner to decided for himself how fast to run in certain situations...
Old 03-18-2009, 07:30 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 33

"There is no jogging in football, it's full speed all the time lol'

The speed thing in NHL is much more subtle. They're skating for gods sakes lol.

Its a lot different than on astroturf and grass.

Please do not remove the turbo button. Its a must. The ability of the player to know when to lay off the sprint button will separate them from those guys who have sticky taped the turbo button.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:26 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 9

Button mashing has recieved a bad rep these days. I remember when button mashing was considered a skill in video gaming. ie. how fast you can press a button.

I like 2k's button mashing system because it is also timing based. I'm used to madden's as well. a toss up.

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 09:38 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 49

I like button smashing to gain speed. I think its much better. The trigger feels like you just hold it down all the time. This seams pointless, just remove extra speed all together then.

I like the fact you have to stop tapping the speed button to do a move, then start tapping again. Makes for more skill, and better feel. Again, trigger just stays down all the time, whats the point?
Old 03-18-2009, 09:48 AM   #13
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I voted trigger because "Remove Turbo" wasn't an option.

I don't ever want my player's speed sacrificed because I can't tap as fast as my opponent or CPU. And I was reminded in another post of another reason I didn't like tapping. It made the running in 2K even more choppy & stiff than it already was.

What I really want is turbo to be removed & replaced with a true analog system where I control my speed with the stick.

But tapping to break tackles was cool.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:11 AM   #14
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Do you like smashing the A button like crazy, like in 2k games, when running with the ball.

Or are you the guy who wants to hit the R Trigger and know he has his guy at full speed?

Which one are you, and why are you that way?
Neither , I'd like to see it work this way. The more I move the stick forward, the faster my player runs. You shouldn't have to keep mashing a button to run faster, and pulling a trigger should not take you from 0 to 60 either. Moving the stick slighty would be a fast walk, then jog, then run, then sprint.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:29 AM   #15
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

I prefer button mashing myself. As Derrville said it's much more dramatic. Especially in the open field it gives me the real sense of a breakaway rather than just letting some rating determine whether or not you're going to break a tackle or beat your defender to the goalline.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 10:41 AM   #16
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I like button smashing, but really only to break in and out of tackles. Madden sort of added this effect last year with the technology they implemented, though it didn't work quite as well as 2Ks.

I'm not opposed to the pressing the trigger for sprint, but they have to add consequences for mashing the sprint the whole play. Even if they could just add a subtle effect of increasing fatigue, I'd be satisfied.

But like someone else said, if they mapped the controls back to how they were on the "Legacy Gen", it would be a little more realistic in that you had to come off the sprint in order to spin or hurdle. I think we'll have the ability to change our controls this year, but I don't foresee the default sprint button moving back to the face buttons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »