Home

Teams running the 3-4 in Madden 10

This is a discussion on Teams running the 3-4 in Madden 10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2009, 11:42 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Teams running the 3-4 in Madden 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c dizzy m baby
I really do hope they fix this too, but I'm slightly concerned it may get overdone, and become the only defense used. Yes the NT needs to be doubled in a 3-4, but If I have a Pro Bowl center and you have some scrub in, or a weak 4-3 DT out of position, I dont want to see my interior lineman constantly double-teaming him. Also yes, the 3-4 ends should try and hold the lineman and draw double teams to allow the LBs to make plays, but on the same note I dont want to have to have 6 lineman blocking 3 DLineman based solely on the defense being in a 3-4. With all that said will stunts ever confuse the linemen? will the OLB's be able to wreak havoc off of the edges? I really do want to see the 3-4 work ideally.

With the additions to the passing game and the implied forming of a pocket I hope that the 4-3 is better also in that good DE's will be able to get pressure on the QB from the edges, while good DT's will collapse the pocket and shrink throwing lanes.

The Key to stunts working is making the ratings determine if a player gets beat or "confused" by the stunt, and make sure that there isn't a single stunt that works 100% of the time.
If this version of Madden is up to par with the last version I've played (2008 for PC) then blocking won't be a problem. The OL, TE, and RB blocking logic was far superior to previous versions of Madden, using zone blocking schemes, traps, downblocking, etc that all handled pressure well if the Offense used motion of TE, FB, and OL slides to compliment his running scheme. Given the people currently working on Madden, I have high expectations that it's only going to get better. We're fortunate to have such a talented group of people creating our next version.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:59 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 4

no one has talked about the broncos yet. They too are expected to be a hybrid 3-4. Under mike nolan they should have both a 3 man and 4 man front.

Oh and Jarvis Moss is now an OLB so make sure you guys make that change. And their is a chance that Dumervil will play OLB as well.

I have no idea Where DJ Williams will play but im guessing inside in the 3-4 and outside in the 4-3.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:16 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 28

Nothing against you Ian... but why would the dev team that has this insane exclusive access to everything NFL have to ask consumers on a forum which teams run a 3-4 defense?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 04:33 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Nothing against you Ian... but why would the dev team that has this insane exclusive access to everything NFL have to ask consumers on a forum which teams run a 3-4 defense?
Man honestly I though that myself at first. Then I was amazed at how many had to get info from someone else to verify who was running the 3-4 and who was running a hybrid. I think Ian just did it to add to the fan inclusion angle. He didn't really need us to figure it out.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:51 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 25

I think this is a huge upgrade.

The NT's should be more of a force up the middle too.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:07 PM   #78
Rookie

ngoulding's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Man honestly I though that myself at first. Then I was amazed at how many had to get info from someone else to verify who was running the 3-4 and who was running a hybrid. I think Ian just did it to add to the fan inclusion angle. He didn't really need us to figure it out.
Ian almost certainly knows what teams are going to run a 34 this year. Anyone who pays any attention to football does. Its much more likely that a thread like this is prepping us for an announcement on the work they've done on better implementing the 34 into this years game. It would be pretty stupid to getting people focusing on the 34 if it was going to be as badly implemented as past years. No I think Ian has something up his sleeve on this. He hasnt let us down so far. Hopefully the great announcements will keep on coming
Old 03-19-2009, 09:52 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 14

Two biggest improvements that I think are needed if the 3-4 is to be realictically effective, and just as important, FUN to play with:

1. Effective Nose Tackle play
2. Effective Outside LB play

For #2 to work the game somehow has to allow for an effective means of "showing" blitz from multiple LB's as well as Safeties, thus creating confusion along the offensive line. That is the #1 reason that many of the 3-4 defenses create so many QB sacks and turnovers. They show blitz from multiple positions to confuse the offense, then drop some of those "blitzers" back into coverage. It makes it very difficult for o-lineman to correctly choose their responsibility on any given play, and also makes it harder for the QB to read his coverage. If EA can accomplish this, I would be in defensive heaven!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 11:11 PM   #80
Rookie

I think a very effective way to have control on how much effect a NT has on a game, we should have the ability to determine match ups on our oline. If the opposing teams NT has a great rating and is killing your running game you change your game plan and double him. Same thing goes for the user that uses a 3-4 D. Ian and Co. make the AI adjust to the users NT. If he's a scrub, have the cpu block him with one guy. This also adds realism to the game because now you need to know who your playing and their strengths. With oline matchups I also so wish you could instruct a double team on certain players. I know the user can slide protection and max protect but if you could make your fullback or tight end help on Mario Williams on a given play that would be very useful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »