Home

How close will Madden come?

This is a discussion on How close will Madden come? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2009, 01:14 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
How close will Madden come?

As we all know and Ian through his own words agrees, MLB The Show is the pinnacle of sports simulation, from gameplay, presentation, FINANCE CONTROL (I know some of you hate the fact I won't drop that issue), the game is just complete. So if that game represents a 10 what is your current take on Madden and what do you think it will be for '10? Holla at me.

I'm going 6.5 current and 8.5 in '10.

I normally don't have faith in developers but this Ian guy has me intrigued. The three MAddens on PS2 (Culpepper, Vick, and Ray Lewis) were the best Maddens to me and I think he was in on that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 01:25 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: How close will Madden come?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
As we all know and Ian through his own words agrees, MLB The Show is the pinnacle of sports simulation, from gameplay, presentation, FINANCE CONTROL (I know some of you hate the fact I won't drop that issue), the game is just complete. So if that game represents a 10 what is your current take on Madden and what do you think it will be for '10? Holla at me.

I'm going 6.5 current and 8.5 in '10.

I normally don't have faith in developers but this Ian guy has me intrigued. The three MAddens on PS2 (Culpepper, Vick, and Ray Lewis) were the best Maddens to me and I think he was in on that.
On a scale of what? 1-100, 1-10, 1-1000? Because if its on a scale of 1-10 The Show is not a 10. that would be like saying no game that will ever be better than The Show. You can only equal its greatness with a 10. Doesn't make sense to me.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:29 PM   #3
Banned

Well then give The Show a 9.5. I only gave the Show a 10 because ti's the best out now, no one expects Madden to beat it this go around. I also don't believe that line of thinking makes much sense, that like saying since Gamespot gave GTAIV a 10 OVR ranking that they don't think any game will ever be better than that. It's actually pretty ridiculous but I appeased you none-the-less.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:36 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 39

I expect Madden to beat it. Is that wrong of me? Don't get me wrong I like playing The Show but its baseball. The best baseball game that you could comprehend should never get higher than a 9. In saying that Madden gets automatic points because it's football and I love football.

Baseball can only be a mistress.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:29 PM   #5
Banned

I actually agree with you in this fact, though I do think they are two separate issues. MLB The Show can be a better game that more closely resembles the actual operations and mechanics of baseball, yet Madden will still be more fun to play. If you are looking at the "fun" factor then yes I agree Madden can and will be better, but I don't think Madden will come close to mimicing an actual football season than MLB The Show does baseball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 04:39 PM   #6
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
I actually agree with you in this fact, though I do think they are two separate issues. MLB The Show can be a better game that more closely resembles the actual operations and mechanics of baseball, yet Madden will still be more fun to play. If you are looking at the "fun" factor then yes I agree Madden can and will be better, but I don't think Madden will come close to mimicing an actual football season than MLB The Show does baseball.
Baseball has so fewer aspects to focus on making it an easier game to "master". Football is the most complex sport in all of sports today so it will take way more efford year after year to get it right.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:10 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 49

best baseball game ever is world series baseball on the saturn, now that was fun!
Old 03-18-2009, 05:49 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
best baseball game ever is world series baseball on the saturn, now that was fun!
Hell ya! That game was amazing.

I never played the Show 09, but I am betting Madden wont come close to the overall game that is, at least not this generation.

Why?

Because the Show is a PS3 exclusive, and the PS3 uses blu ray, they have alot more to work with and can add more to the game. EA develops PS3 and XBox madden simultaneously, so its not like they are going to add alot more to the PS3 game, which they probably could if they wanted to.

Now, its not to say that they cant still make a fantastic Madden game with what they have, but the Show looks absolutely incredible in nearly every aspect. Not sure how the game play and franchise is on the Show 09, but from what I hear, its really good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »