Home

Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8

This is a discussion on Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8 within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-19-2009, 10:52 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8

Saying acceleration is how long it takes to reach top speed is silly because acceleration is not measured in time. It's the rate of change of velocity with RESPECT to time. IE meters per second. And since acceleration is a vector you could be staying the same speed and simply be changing direction and your acceleration would change which again has nothing to do with top speed.

Last edited by NYyankz225; 03-19-2009 at 10:56 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:58 PM   #74
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
And most physics professors never played football!

Dont make me go Jim Calhoun on ya'll ***es

If anybody can come up with a better football explanation Im listening!
I have almost 2 decades of football experience playing and coaching...

being that you can accelerate at any point from a full sprint or standing still the acceleration is your ability to increase your speed wether it be from 0 to 60 or 40 to 60. The left stick and how far you push it in any direction should control how fast you are moving... The spped burst should be a short boost to the time it takes you to increase your speed from your current speed.

So there needs a top speed rating a general speed rating and a acceleration rating.

Running down the field Moss and Fred Smoot will both have a pretty close general speed rating DB vs WR Moss's top speed would be higher than SMoot's and his acceleration would also be higher so you can see the difference between Moss speed and Smoot speed on say a Streak route where you put the ball in there air and let Moss run under it
Old 03-19-2009, 11:01 PM   #75
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
Saying acceleration is how long it takes to reach top speed is silly because acceleration is not measured in time. It's the rate of change of velocity with RESPECT to time. IE meters per second. And since acceleration is a vector you could be staying the same speed and simply be changing direction and your acceleration would change which again has nothing to do with top speed.
Yet we measure acceleration in time. "0-60 in 5.3 seconds" and the like. Yes, we all know this. Many of us are partially educated, I promise you.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 11:02 PM   #76
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
1st Einstein i said acceleration is the distance it takes to reach top speed.

2nd Its great you got a B+ in physics but Im talking football and video games on top of that. That was a football explanation of acceleration!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:14 PM   #77
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

I can understand your view points on the player planting when changing direction. I just hope if they do really focus on this they understand than certain change of direction angles doesn't require for a player to plant his foot.

Lets use a clock as a example to set the degrees of which the player is turning from one point to another.

A runner is heading towards 12 o'clock and decided to turn towards 1 o'clock, do You think he needs to plant his foot in order to accomplish this? I say no

A runner is heading towards 12 o'clock and decided to turn towards 2 o'clock, do You think he needs to plant his foot in order to accomplish this? I say Slightly.

A runner is heading towards 12 o'clock and decided to turn towards 3 o'clock, do You think he needs to plant his foot in order to accomplish this? Absolutely, and the demonstration of what Emmitt Smith did in the Video was perfect for this situation.

I don't want it that for every slight change of direction the player is planting. That isn't realistic, so I hope if they do make adjustments in making realistic player running animations, that they pay very good attention to when a player really has to plant or stutter step.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:22 PM   #78
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

You plant on any change of direction but there are different levels for what kind of turn you are making... the sharper the turn more you plant.... human beings to change direction with out planting their foot in some fashion plus players dont move in a circular motion while in prusuit or running the ball its a wasted motion...
Old 03-19-2009, 11:48 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 8

I just tried turning and all that stuff in AP 2k8 and the RBs don't lean when they turn. At full speed they are always standing straight up and just turn. Also they don't plant like they do while not sprinting. Although I'm not sure I see many RBs make wide turns at full speed in real life. They normally do a bunch of cuts like in the video.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:57 AM   #80
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm just glad Ian is taking notice of the running/cutting animations of 2K8. They do look quite realistic. That slip animation looked especially nice.

Thanks Derrville, for bring this to everyones attention.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »