Home

Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8

This is a discussion on Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8 within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden 22 Gameplay in 4K: Full Game With Presentation Between Packers and Bears
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #81
Banned

OVR: 35
Re: Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I'm just glad Ian is taking notice of the running/cutting animations of 2K8. They do look quite realistic. That slip animation looked especially nice.

Thanks Derrville, for bring this to everyones attention.
No problem my good man
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2009, 11:24 AM   #82
tcp
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
1st Einstein i said acceleration is the distance it takes to reach top speed.
Erm, LOL.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:25 PM   #83
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by icomb1ne
I just tried turning and all that stuff in AP 2k8 and the RBs don't lean when they turn. At full speed they are always standing straight up and just turn. Also they don't plant like they do while not sprinting. Although I'm not sure I see many RBs make wide turns at full speed in real life. They normally do a bunch of cuts like in the video.
which runner back did you use? Different running backs have they own attributes.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:12 AM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
No problem my good man
Ditto. From someone that wants a great game football game but can't make posts like this, keep this stuff up. Keep challenging the Madden team, Ian has shown that hes willing to take them on.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:33 AM   #85
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

I feel like I have been in this thread before. The same thing over and over and over and over and over. I could go on. Seriously can we please stop with these Madden vs. 2K comparisons! It's not going to be resolved. EVER!

This is another waste of time thread. I started watching the vid and YES it's a great vid of animations between Madden and 2k. But, that vid is showing Madden 10 running in circles. Until you see M10 running zig zags up and down the field you CAN NOT compare the two.

AP does THE best job at animations and the overall feel of running, juking, foot planting that I have ever seen. BUT, unless you show a vid of AP players running in circles then we CAN NOT compare the two.

This thread is going NO WHERE fast! Can we please put an end to the maddness.

Speaking of Maddness... Did anyone see the FSU v. Wis & OSU v. Siena games? WOW! I love MM. That stands for March Madness not Madden Mania.

Sorry got off track.

I have an idea. Mods please close this before it gets ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2009, 09:20 AM   #86
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
I feel like I have been in this thread before. The same thing over and over and over and over and over. I could go on. Seriously can we please stop with these Madden vs. 2K comparisons! It's not going to be resolved. EVER!

This is another waste of time thread. I started watching the vid and YES it's a great vid of animations between Madden and 2k. But, that vid is showing Madden 10 running in circles. Until you see M10 running zig zags up and down the field you CAN NOT compare the two.

AP does THE best job at animations and the overall feel of running, juking, foot planting that I have ever seen. BUT, unless you show a vid of AP players running in circles then we CAN NOT compare the two.

This thread is going NO WHERE fast! Can we please put an end to the maddness.

Speaking of Maddness... Did anyone see the FSU v. Wis & OSU v. Siena games? WOW! I love MM. That stands for March Madness not Madden Mania.

Sorry got off track.

I have an idea. Mods please close this before it gets ugly.
This thread was civil and informative IMO, you probably should read through it before you chime in. I think the Mods know when and when not to lock threads.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:57 AM   #87
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffarmleft
This thread was civil and informative IMO, you probably should read through it before you chime in. I think the Mods know when and when not to lock threads.
Seriously, Ian commented on it in his twitter, i really wish that guy would have read thru the thread before he commented.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:18 AM   #88
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

1. Good video. 2K has the best animations.

2. Anyone who says 2K football is stiff just hasn't played it enough. You can't run around crazily tapping the button because you have to slow down to set stuff up. How you move the stick is critical. When I play APF it feels like football to me. Ricky Waters doesn't run like Emmitt, and Emmitt doesn't run like Gale Sayers. You can definitely feel the difference. The players in APF have a "weight" that I'd like to see in Madden.

3. When we're talking football and I hear the term acceleration, I'm thinking how quickly a guy reaches top speed. The mini debate on this was pretty funny.

4. I've read through this whole thread and it's been pretty civil. It's good stuff like this continues to get discussed because the developers need to know what we want.

5. Developers underestimate the average gamer. If they make it realistic and it's a good game, people will play it. Arcade games have their place, but the majority of NFL fans want their games to be as true-to-life as possible. No need to cater to the Madden Nation types. If they're truly nice they'll adapt to a sim. If not they'll move on to Halo or cheating in checkers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »