Home

Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8

This is a discussion on Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8 within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden 22 Gameplay in 4K: Full Game With Presentation Between Packers and Bears
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-21-2009, 04:59 PM   #97
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
I feel like I have been in this thread before. The same thing over and over and over and over and over. I could go on. Seriously can we please stop with these Madden vs. 2K comparisons! It's not going to be resolved. EVER!

This is another waste of time thread. I started watching the vid and YES it's a great vid of animations between Madden and 2k. But, that vid is showing Madden 10 running in circles. Until you see M10 running zig zags up and down the field you CAN NOT compare the two.

AP does THE best job at animations and the overall feel of running, juking, foot planting that I have ever seen. BUT, unless you show a vid of AP players running in circles then we CAN NOT compare the two.

This thread is going NO WHERE fast! Can we please put an end to the maddness.

Speaking of Maddness... Did anyone see the FSU v. Wis & OSU v. Siena games? WOW! I love MM. That stands for March Madness not Madden Mania.

Sorry got off track.

I have an idea. Mods please close this before it gets ugly.
If the thread was going nowhere we wouldn't see Ian of EA commenting on it in his twitter. I don't see anything wrong with driving home a point. The thread is serving its purpose. For those of you who are sick of reading the comparisons just move on to another thread that interests you.

Some people fail to realize that not everyone sees EVERY thread on these forums. Of course some people may miss the discussion in a previous thread. Again, nothing wrong with driving home a point.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Old 03-21-2009, 05:14 PM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 3

the right thumbstick in 2K5 was way ahead of its time, and you can string together so many moves, it's insane!
Old 03-21-2009, 05:29 PM   #99
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Keep in mind I have never played any 2K Sports football game and I going off of what other people say.

I think the best system is to use 2K right stick which (if im not mistaking) control cuts ,jukes etc. and couple that with a button that provides a burst.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:59 PM   #100
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Keep in mind I have never played any 2K Sports football game and I going off of what other people say.

I think the best system is to use 2K right stick which (if im not mistaking) control cuts ,jukes etc. and couple that with a button that provides a burst.

I was in the same boat as you until about a week ago. I was getting sick of always seeing the comparisons everywhere, and vids on U Tube, so went to my local Gamestop, and found a copy of NFL 2k5 for ONE DOLLAR...!!! I couldn't believe it only cost a buck. I also picked up a copy of APF2k8 for like $10, just to make sure I had all my bases covered.

I no longer wonder what all the complaining an comparisons are all about. 2k had it down pat. I spend as much time watching the damn replays as I do actually playing the games, because I just can't believe how great the animations and player interactions are in those games. Just the line play alone on something as simple as an extra point is miles and miles ahead of anything I've seen in Madden.

As far as some of you thinking the gameplay may become sluggish if it becomes more realistic, just think about what you're saying. Right now playing Madden is like playing a Need for Speed (arcade style racing game), and 2k football games feel like playing Forza Motorsports, or Gran Turismo. I don't know about you, but I definitely know the cars in the later handle much more sluggishly..... and they are supposed to. That's because they are meant to feel realistic, as claiming to be a racing sim.

I hope Ian is taking a real hard look at 2k5. If he can make M10 even approach the presentation level, at least a little, and give us that true "sim" style of football gameplay, he'll have a classic on his hands.

I've always been a loyal Madden player, and I want to stay that way.

Last edited by Megatron2k7; 03-21-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:28 PM   #101
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

This video made me put All Pro back in for the first time in months.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2009, 10:58 PM   #102
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe

you owe it to yourself (and others here) to play a 2k football game

you'll be amazed......then bummed
Old 03-22-2009, 01:02 AM   #103
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron2k7

I hope Ian is taking a real hard look at 2k5. If he can make M10 even approach the presentation level, at least a little, and give us that true "sim" style of football gameplay, he'll have a classic on his hands.
This pretty much sums up my hopes too.

It would be fantastic it Madden '10' matched 2K5 in overall presentation. But honestly, if Ian & Co could even get somewhere close this year...along with the much more sim like game play their speaking of, I'd be thrilled.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:57 AM   #104
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTigLSU
Remove the speed Burst button replace it with a acceleration button tied into the the acceleration rating you can also tie in with fatigue as well it would do a lot to enhance how to the game moves.
bump

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »