Home

Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8

This is a discussion on Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8 within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-19-2009, 12:54 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
Wow 2k does do some things really well. But I do like the control of Madden better always have and always will. Thats just what makes Madden well Madden is the great control. When I play a 2k game I feel stiff and a bit awkward.

But the animations on those games are hands down over the top.Grrrrreat! I love the way the players break down when they cut in 2k.
No, Madden is just too responsive which is not a good thing all the time. You may find that changes slightly in Madden 10 if what they are hoping to achieve with momentum works out.
Playing 2K feels stiff and awkward but it is as sim as you can get, you can't just change direction think it will go in that direction right away if you are running the ball. Its hard to play Defense manually on the 2k games, because once you run in a certain direction you've basically dedicated yourself to that angle. The problem they had was with the strafe of players and how it didn't transition very well between strafe to run.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:03 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9

Yea those 2k8 videos show cuts, which wasn't part of the blog.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:04 AM   #19
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
And im not trying to say 2k8 is better or madden is better, i just wanted people to see both games running animations back to back.

But i do wanna point out the 2 times Emmitt Slipped while cutting and the turf rising up, those things are just so gorgeous. Oh ya and the different Feel Barry Sanders has compared to Emmitt Smiths, hopefully different Backs will have different feels too.
Oh absolutely, not arguing that. I hope Ian's emulating it as closely as possible at functional speed, but I think he's got the right idea for full stride speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sef0r
No, Madden is just too responsive which is not a good thing all the time. You may find that changes slightly in Madden 10 if what they are hoping to achieve with momentum works out.
Playing 2K feels stiff and awkward but it is as sim as you can get, you can't just change direction think it will go in that direction right away if you are running the ball. Its hard to play Defense manually on the 2k games, because once you run in a certain direction you've basically dedicated yourself to that angle. The problem they had was with the strafe of players and how it didn't transition very well between strafe to run.
Madden is too responsive. That's what we're hoping they are fixing

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:18 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville

So Ian's new blog caused some dispute, so i made a vid Comparing the two games hoping it would clear some stuff up and maybe bring up some new things.

Like I have said before you cannot compare 2K football to Madden football, as far as animations it's just not fair. 2K football is far more superior the Madden. That video clip is one of the many perfect examples. period.
The crazy thing about it is 2k8 wasn't even Next Gen?? While im hoping the best for Madden this year, what does that really tell you about Madden Dev's?? hmm...
Old 03-19-2009, 05:59 AM   #21
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Nice video and all, but again, you miss the point entirely.

There are two speeds we're dealing with here-- functional speed and full stride speed.

Madden videos- Player is laying on sprint trigger. This is full stride speed. Cuts aren't possible... you'll break your own ankles or fall over.

APF video- player is not laying on sprint trigger because game does not have sprint trigger. This means the player is actually moving at a rate at which the break downs and cuts make sense. This is functional speed. If you are rapidly tapping the sprint button, it does not matter, because APF takes you out of sprint if you try to make a sharp cut.
This is EXACTLY what I was about to say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 07:50 AM   #22
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

actually if you put the agility and juking on madden to 0 it plays close to that 2k vid, at top speed they will turn wider and slow down.

i dont know why the devs think its better to go for the arcade feel maybe its for the masses, but madden has a solid fundamental base, they just need to add some planting animations but that will drive off the MADDEN NATION CROWD which i am guessing is 85% of the fans.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:01 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 15

I agree the Madden Nation crowd would probably cry. Oh well, they need to play SIM football. Running full speed and stopping on a dime and cutting is not SIM videogame football. I remember back in the day some of my friends that played Madden loved how NFL 2K5 looked and praised it. But they wouldn't play because they felt like they wouldn't have the advantage of dropping back 30yards with there quarterback and throwing 70 yards, or taking the fast WR or RB and running all over the place like its a PACMAN video game. They even admitted that NFL2K5 was more realistic than Madden, but that was the reason they wouldn't play, same goes for APF 2K8. They didn't want to play straight up SIM like football because they new they had to adjust there game, and play straight up football.

As far as the videos - God 2K knows how to make the players move realistic - the movment, the detail, I forgot how beautiful it looks when the player is running. It just looks so realistic. I can understand how someone may not like it because they may feel like they can control the runner like they imagine to - by having there runner move and cut and sprint and cut full speed, like he's the Flash. Im sorry but that's not real football. Ian stated that SIM is the big then for Madden 10, he has to hold true to this, so the Madden Nation players need to play realistic now and accept it. Didn't he quote that he wants Madden at a level were a NFL head coach could beat a Madden Nation player in a game of Madden 10. I like that quote if its true.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:20 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 2

2k concentrates on the little details. The wr adjustments, catches, fade passes they all look great and are satisfying. Madden needs this

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »