Home

Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8

This is a discussion on Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8 within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden 22 Gameplay in 4K: Full Game With Presentation Between Packers and Bears
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-19-2009, 02:45 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 35
Re: Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
I don't know what game you played, but I used to gash the defense with screen passes. Especially with Walter Payton.
me too
Old 03-19-2009, 03:10 PM   #34
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
There are two speeds we're dealing with here-- functional speed and full stride speed.
Most of the time in football player are using functional speed so they can stop, start again or change direction with out serious injury or wear and tear on the body.

So that seem to make a case for 2K. I keep hearing about NHL system of speed and sounds better suited for football games then what both 2K and Madden uses.

I dont know why people think its a accurate system for speed to just hold the sprint button to get to top speed. Its rare to see people sprint if there not in the open field.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:25 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 12

I love how 2K8 shows the players almost losing their balance on hard cuts and their cleets kicking up dirt.

They could work more on the actual running motion itself, but 2K8's transitions and jukes/cuts are amazingly realistic and fluid.

Madden's motions are so robotic and plain it's quite sad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 03:51 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 13

Just imagine where NFL 2k would be now on NG if the NFL license deal never occurred.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:10 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 24

Just wanna add this: APF 2K8 made three years after their last football game. Yeah, the actual run motion may seem stiff, or whatever...But, to STILL come back with APF 2K8 after being absent for three years is just amazing. To still get the fundamentals, and simple but yet important animations right is amazing. It's obvious that 2K has a whole different thought process than EA. Really, EA should stop thinking about a Ring Tier, and Rewind, and a bunch of other nonsense.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:16 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Just imagine where NFL 2k would be now on NG if the NFL license deal never occurred.
Exactly what I wanted to say. 2k never laid down, they always tried to get better. They worked hard like EA is trying to do now, year after year.

Im not going to turn this in to a debate on whats better. Ill simply say, in that video its clear which one is superior in control of the ball carrier -2k

I will also state I cant stand that trigger you hold down in madden for speed. As others have said , everyone just holds it down the whole time anyway, whats the point? Anyone who plays Madden knows the key is speed. You can try to juke and spin all day if you like, Ill hold that trigger down and still make great plays, because nothing works better. And when you are watching the Madden clip, why isnt the runner running faster in a straight line, slower in the 360 circle I dont care what speed level you run, nobody runs in a 360 circle as fast as they would in a 40 yard straight dash!

I hope when Madden is released they have good foot plants and cuts. If they dont, I dont see how any of there new running stuff will even matter. Same old, same old, only not as responsive-NO THANKS!

Im just going on what Ive seen. Madden may have everything in the foot planting, turning, that 2k has. I just havent seen anything yet that shows this, other then route running that isnt actually controlled by the user.

Last edited by wheelman990; 03-19-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:21 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Exactly what I wanted to say. 2k never laid down, they always tried to get better. They worked hard like EA is trying to do now, year after year.

Im not going to turn this in to a debate on whats better. Ill simply say, in that video its clear which one is superior in control of the ball carrier -2k

I will also state I cant stand that trigger you hold down in madden for speed. As others have said , everyone just holds it down the whole time anyway, whats the point? Anyone who plays Madden knows the key is speed. Juke and spin all day, Ill hold that trigger down all day long! And when you are watching the Madden clip, why isnt the runner running faster in a straight line, slower in the 360 circle I dont care what speed level you run, nobody runs in a 360 circle as fast as they would in a 40 yard straight dash!

I hope when Madden is released they have good foot plants and cuts. If they dont, I dont see how any of there new running stuff will even matter. Same old, same old, only not as responsive-NO THANKS!

Im just going on what Ive seen. Madden may have everything in the foot planting, turning, that 2k has. I just havent seen anything yet that shows this, other then route running that isnt actually controlled by the user.
Its funny really, cause if the NFL License deal never happened, not only would 2K have a fantastic game for us to play but I bet that Madden would also be MUCH better than it is now.

Competition does funny things. The NFL did not have gamers in mind when they decided to sell their license to only one company.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:29 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 26

LOL, you damn right they didn't and EA didn't either. It was all about money, I wonder how that worked out for them in financial terms. I guess we will never know. You know the funny thing is, I didn't like this year's Madden for the simple fact it didn't have online franchise. Then the more I came to this board and observed some more glaring holes in the game I just didn't bother to see, it has become apparent why I sold it to gamestop 2 weeks after it's release. If Ian ends up putting out a wack game, it will be one of the greatest set ups of all time. I don't expect him to meet the expectations of the hype machine (part of which he is responsible for) but at least make it a little difficult to spot so many holes....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »