Home

Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8

This is a discussion on Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8 within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-19-2009, 05:41 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I agree, but I didn't hold down the sprint button 100% of the time. I waited for the hole to develop, go through the hole and then hold down the sprint button.
Believe me I tried that since I played the PS2 version up to 08... in the PS2 version if you held Sprint from teh get go you were screwed... but in the NG version I found that holding sprint from the get go was much better than doing it the PS2 way.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:30 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 14

The sprint button is a leftover from the d pad era, the left analog stick is more than capable of handling degrees of speed.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:44 PM   #51
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I played running back from 7 to 17 I know about "patience" and I know about exploding through holes. I also know there was no way I can cut during in all out sprint like you can in EA products. I know that I couldnt just sprint the whole play unless the defense moved out of my way and my players too!

How would stopping players from running at top speed all play effect patience? If anything it would promote patience because you on have a burst so you would have to use it wisely. If I got the ball and just started sprint from the very moment(which never happens) I would run into my o-lineman every play! Right now all I do when I play Madden is sprint!
"Right now"... the reason you do now is because Madden 09 is feckin' broken, for the most part. You can cut on a dime when sprinting. What we see in this video is a change to that... now you have to lay off sprint to be able to move properly behind the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Did you ever play 2k football? Just curious...
Quite a bit. Still play 2k5 regularly (currently playing franchise mode with my '94 49ers in place of the real 'niners.. living the glory days). APF has no replayability to speak of, so I don't really play that anymore, but I still own it. Like High Heat 2004 and MVP Baseball 2005, NFK 2k5 is a classic that I will never let go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Believe me I tried that since I played the PS2 version up to 08... in the PS2 version if you held Sprint from teh get go you were screwed... but in the NG version I found that holding sprint from the get go was much better than doing it the PS2 way.
Yeah, this looks a lot like LastGen running, but I hope they don't stop with this. The cuts you see on the 2k video are exactlty the type of thing I'm hoping we see from the functional speed running. Without it, this is pretty pointless.

I'm not saying everything's hunky dory, here, just that we are comparing apples to oranges and it's not time to freak out. If we see the functional speed running and it's still turn-on-a-dime-no-cut crap, then I'll be upset right there with you.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 07:05 PM   #52
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
The problem is EA has no functional speed. Its jog or sprint no inbetween!
EA has to develop a grey area of speed between joggin which comes in handy (especially in coverage) and top speed(which for them is the sprint button). You called it functional which is the gear most player are in the majority of the time. You can still cover pretty good ground ,but be able to make the necessary moves and change of directions like IRL!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:07 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 49

I hope it is apples to oranges. We wont know for sure either way until we see a video on running with the ball controller. I dont think Ian has commented yet, so we are in the dark at this point. We have seen nice cuts in the new route running, but that doesnt mean we will have it when we are in control, it is very possible though.

To me, it seams like Ian and company are trying to sort of copy 2k5. I actually think thats a great idea. If they can work out the issu'es 2k never got the chance to get to, it should be an amazing game. And Madden has some features that are great, or could be great, the best of both worlds would be killer!
Old 03-19-2009, 07:35 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings
derrville on OS has been kind of rough on us so far but the comparison vid he did with m10 and apf2k8 was pretty awesome. Gotta beat it.
Ian's twitter
Old 03-19-2009, 07:38 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 9

Edit: NM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 08:42 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
Ian's twitter
Wow

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »