Home

Rating Categories, What do they do?

This is a discussion on Rating Categories, What do they do? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-20-2009, 01:18 AM   #25
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Rating Categories, What do they do?

Run Block
Pass Block
Run Block Str
Run Block FW
Pass BLock Str
Pass Block FW

These all relate to how after you snap he ball the Offesinve linemen just ignore defenders and let them by to sack you, or will release their blocks after your running back gets close to the defender, that is if for some reason they DID decide to block in the first place.

Hope this helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2009, 01:25 AM   #26
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
If I did have more faith in things like this, the depth of franchise mode would increase tenfold for me. Maybe this sounds silly...but at times I find myself pretending the numbers matter. That seems kind of pathetic.
You know, I sem to remember playing aFootball game a few years ago where the numbers DID mean something. I forget the name of it off hand. I wonder what ever became of that serise. I think it was called Pat Summeral Football... or Al Michaels 2004 or something. I know it was named after an announcer for sure. I just rember I could get lost playing the franchise mode and staring at the numbers too.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:57 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6

The whole Run Block, Run Strenght, Run Block Power is extremely confusing in Franchise. When i see a huge different in these categories i have NO IDEA what sort of lineman he is, sometimes he might have very good run strenght, no footwork, high speed but not a run block weapon, there are so many combinations that i dont get.

How does Run Block Weapon work with in the ratings?
and my secondary question is how does progression tie into all of this because when i play franchise (no sim) the guys never progress, seems to be an effect of no Pancake blocks in-game as oppose to simmed games that have alot. Are o-line ratings dependant on sacks or run yards at all?
Old 03-28-2009, 06:25 AM   #28
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Just a thought, Donny... wouldn't it be simpler to just hide, say, the RBK rating and make it reference and average of RBF and RBS? That way you don't have to actually store that rating, it's not showing to confuse the user, and there's still something for the sim engine or whatever references it to use that still reflects the ratings that the user does have access too?

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:05 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Just a thought, Donny... wouldn't it be simpler to just hide, say, the RBK rating and make it reference and average of RBF and RBS? That way you don't have to actually store that rating, it's not showing to confuse the user, and there's still something for the sim engine or whatever references it to use that still reflects the ratings that the user does have access too?
Good idea, I'd be interested to hear Donny's response to this.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:28 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 21

I think the better point here is that the consumer shouldn't have to guess about this stuff. Why on earth doesn't EA explain everything in their terrible instruction booklets, or at least online somewhere? Busch league.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 04-03-2009, 01:43 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 14

Donny or Ian do we have any idea what caused the RT glitch so often where they would miss their assignments?

Hopefully this has been fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »