Home

STR and MOVABILITY

This is a discussion on STR and MOVABILITY within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2009, 11:34 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: STR and MOVABILITY

Reps = muscle endurance not overall STR. That's why lineman should have MOVABILITY no DT should get trucked by a RB regardless of their STR, because STR does not translate to running over 350lb DL. I might bench more than some average fat guy but I damn sure aint about run that fool over.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:52 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
we understand that he did more reps, but this same back is NOT going to throw off Stroud next year IF he gets drafted. he is not going to drop his shoulder and send some DT flying in mid air with a broken jaw.

the animation is bad, i have never in my 15 yrs watching football seen a DT get smashed like they do in madden and even is a cb got ran over its still not like madden they just need realistic animations.

I agree!! There's more to strength than the bench press. Leg strength is more important to o-linemen anyway. There are people smaller than me that bench more than me but they are not physically stronger than me. With the bench you have to also take in to consideration arm length too. People with shorter arms need less arm extension to finish a rep than people with longer arms so it's easier for the shorter arm people to bench than longer arm people.

Last edited by ImReady77; 03-21-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:07 PM   #19
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Everybodies point about strength has merit I can say that. Like I said the problem is less about strength and more about weight. For example if I weight 215 lbs and have more strength than a guy 350 lbs i wouldnt be able to man handle him. I have to take into account not only his strength but his weight as well.

And like somebody pointed out strength comes from the lower body as well as upper. So maybe they need ratings for lower and upper body strength.

But the have to use a system that adds weight into the equation!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 03-21-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:18 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Dude the STr they do at the combine is muscle endurance. Lifting 225 more times than someone else doesn't make you stronger it just means you have better muscle endurance.

Or shorter arms. Many LTs won't wow you with their bench press, because LTs tend to have longer arms.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:34 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Everybodies point about strength has merit I can say that. Like said the problem is less about strength and more about weight. For example if I weight 215 lbs and have more strength than a guy 350 lbs i wouldnt be able to man handle him. I have to take into account not only his strength but his weight as well.

And like somebody pointed out strength comes from the lower body as well as upper. So maybe they need ratings for lower and upper body strength.

But the have to use a system that adds weight into the equation!
Yeah we need lower body and upper body strength ratings to replace the strength rating. It would be sweet if upper body strength was a modifier for the fumble rating and the lower body strength rating was a modifier for break tackle rating for ball carriers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2009, 02:35 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
No running back should be trucking or running over any DT PERIOD!....

Brandon Jacobs will not body slam Shaun Rogers or Marcus Stroud....so he should not be the same STR.
But in SB XLII(Giants-Pats) Ahmad Bradshaw moved Vince Wilfork with his freakin forearm! If thats not STR idk what is
Old 03-21-2009, 04:05 PM   #23
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Just to throw it out there, Rashad Jennings, a RB, did 29 reps on the bench at the combine.

That's better than 7 defensive linemen (Maurice Evans, Connor Barwin, Larry English, Paul Kruger, Everette Brown, Jarron Gilbert, and Lawrence Sidbury). In fact, only 11 offensive linemen (generally the strongest guys on the field) did better than Jennings (almost all of them were Centers).
Yea but like someone else said before, weightlifting isn't only about pure strength, it is about technique and endurance. Ok, you have a fat 300 lb DT who can bench 450lbs and a 200lb RB who can bench 300lbs max. Take both of them and make them rep 225lbs and sometimes, that running back will out rep the DT. He obviously isn't stronger, his muscles can just take the pain easier.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:45 PM   #24
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Sorry to end your bashing of EA, but strength is relative to position.

A 99 STR Running back is not as strong as a 99 STR D-Linemen.
Basically everyone in here is on point....arm length makes hella difference and so does muscle stamina....but point blank period AP,CP,ML,LT no hb should ever truck a DT no matter what....unless it's a crack-back and those rarely happen on DT's....and my last point who da f*ck was bashing EA....they must be blowing dat hole pretty good....lay-off my dude

AREVA DERCHE

Last edited by seriousluboy83; 03-21-2009 at 04:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »