Home

I have figured out who the Madden 10 coverboy should be...

This is a discussion on I have figured out who the Madden 10 coverboy should be... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-23-2009, 02:12 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: I have figured out who the Madden 10 coverboy should be...

Merriman is not just as good as D Ware, he is better.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:37 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 35

Oh lordy.....
Old 03-23-2009, 03:29 AM   #51
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
lmao wow kid you really know how to make a guy laugh. Do you understand and know what MVP stands for? Its not all about stats its about the one guy on a team that without that guy they wouldnt have done anything. If this was about Offensive player of the year then sure Rivers could be up for grabs for it.

Rivers fumbled that ball 8 times 4 of which were turnovers. Take into account that he was sacked 25 times thats a fumble every 3 sacks and he loses the ball 50% of the time. Manning fumbled once and was sacked 14 times. thats a 14:1 ratio.

The colts had to play the Titans twice who had one of the best defense in the league. The record for the colt's confrence minus the colts was 26-22 compared to the chargers 15-33. The chargers had nearly 30 more yards rushing per game with a total of 12 rushing tbs from their two RBs. The colts had 11 rushing tds from their two RBs.

Manning threw the ball 77 times from then Rivers and was more accurate. He also only threw one more pick then Rivers and Manning threw 7 less tds.

Finally the chargers only played and beat 3 teams that were above 8-8 records. The Colts played and beat 5 teams that were above 8-8 records.

People were right. Without Manning the Colts offense is nothing. And he deserved to be the MVP this year.
That may be because the Colts' are one of the only offenses in the league that NEEDS a GREAT QB.

If you look at the recievers, they aren't great YAC guys. Now, that's not taking anything away from Harrison, Gonzalez, and Wayne, because they are great at what they do(getting open), but without Manning, they would be trash. So, because of this, Manning needs to be more accurate further down the field(so the Colts' offense can get first downs) rather than doing a dink and dunk passing attack.

It's the reason Kurt Warner had a resurgence(though, he has awesome pure QB skills regarding accuracy, anyway)[Larry Fitz]. It's the reason Favre had a spectacular year a couple of years ago, or should I say his recievers...

QB play isn't just the QB's individual stats. How much of a QB's stats is mostly the QB and how much of it is reciever play is where you differentiate the great QB's from the okay ones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2009, 04:25 AM   #52
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

How about 4 possibilities:

1. Matt Ryan

2. Brandon Jacobs

3. Albert Haynesworth = It's been a while since having a defensive player on the cover.

4. Joe Flacco

But if EA Tiburon wants to have a player on the cover that symbollizes a new beginning for Madden and a transition from mediocrity into future greatness, there is a 5th option:

5. Anyone who plays for the Detriot Lions
Old 03-23-2009, 04:37 AM   #53
All Star

OVR: 33

Wanna talk about comeback player of the year?: MV7!
Old 03-23-2009, 04:58 AM   #54
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Magic
That may be because the Colts' are one of the only offenses in the league that NEEDS a GREAT QB.

If you look at the receivers, they aren't great YAC guys. Now, that's not taking anything away from Harrison, Gonzalez, and Wayne, because they are great at what they do(getting open), but without Manning, they would be trash. So, because of this, Manning needs to be more accurate further down the field(so the Colts' offense can get first downs) rather than doing a dink and dunk passing attack.

It's the reason Kurt Warner had a resurgence(though, he has awesome pure QB skills regarding accuracy, anyway)[Larry Fitz]. It's the reason Favre had a spectacular year a couple of years ago, or should I say his receivers...

QB play isn't just the QB's individual stats. How much of a QB's stats is mostly the QB and how much of it is receiver play is where you differentiate the great QB's from the okay ones.
Actually, you got it backwards. A QB is not a QB without his receivers, no matter what offensive playbook you're using. I mean, sure, accuracy and velocity play a HUGE part in any effective passing offense. But you can be as accurate as a darts player on steroids, but if your WR/TE/RB can't even catch air, it will come to naught.

It's hard to judge great QB success these days. You can't really argue whether the success was great QB play, of the receivers had hands of God. There is ONE player I can judge, though:

Dante Culpepper would not exist without Randy Moss.

On the other hand...

Randy Moss would currently be an overachieving Special Olympics runner without Tom Brady.

It all balances out in the end...
Old 03-23-2009, 05:45 AM   #55
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by c dizzy m baby
No that is not what I meant, I meant that QB's/opposing players will have to avoid him in the game because I hope with the additions to DB interactions he will make you pay. Back in the day Madden seemed to correlate it's coverboy with new features and the fixes in the passing game and man coverage is my favorite aspect of the game they could have addressed. I realize he has basically no shot at being on the cover but that doesn't change the fact that in my opinion there is no better person to put on the cover.

Hell if they were to correlate the coverboy with new additions to the game I'd be happy if they made the Coverboy Joe Thomas, in hopes that OL/DL has been fixed.

My darkhorse is a Defensive Lineman, most likely DeMarcus Ware. I just feel since they haven't addressed it at all and rarely talk about it there is a big chance that their "big" features will deal with OL/DL, and getting to the QB.

I knew what you meant. I just think that he's on a bad team, like a bad team to market to sell your game. Hard to explain I guess. The guy is one heck of a player, true that.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 5
Thumbs up Re: I have figured out who the Madden 10 coverboy should be...

I think the cover should have 3 pics. One of a Dog biting Vicks ***, one of Burress shooting himself, and one of Stallworth mowing over a pedestrian while he holds a bottle Richards wild irish rose wine out his car window. What a bunch of stupid MF'ers. NFL National Felon League.

Last edited by cpdfrank; 03-24-2009 at 10:22 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »