Home

Old 03-22-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
Rookie

c dizzy m baby's Arena

OVR: 8
Ball Strip

I just came across this video, and I was wondering about a few things regarding the Ball strip in Madden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3Gyh1MjI-M&NR=1

First why does your playing wanting to strip the ball slow you down? When a player makes up his mind that he wants to strip the ball in the league does he ever so down to the same degree as he does in Madden? The penalties for using the strip button are already in place, (Facemask, poor taclking, etc.) so dont add another unrealistic one.

Will that stupid animation of a player running with his arm out still be in Madden 10? I have never seen that in a game, and If anyone at EA shows me a NFL Player going for a strip while doing that than I might could see it, until then it needs to be canned. MAYBE when a DE is going to strip the QB and he starts his sack animation you would see the arm like that.

In a video of Ian in 08 posted on this site earlier when he was discussing the new double team tackles he said a player on your team could be making a tackle and you could come and lay a big hit or try to strip the ball carrier, but I have NEVER ONCE even seen that. I'd like to see more animations for stripping the ball carrier and attempting to strip him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3Gyh1MjI-M&NR=1

Im not asking for it to be more effective in general gameplay, Idk about sacking the QB because I never can even use it, just more creative and useful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2009, 06:02 PM   #2
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Ball Strip

Quote:
Originally Posted by c dizzy m baby
In a video of Ian in 08 posted on this site earlier when he was discussing the new double team tackles he said a player on your team could be making a tackle and you could come and lay a big hit or try to strip the ball carrier, but I have NEVER ONCE even seen that. I'd like to see more animations for stripping the ball carrier and attempting to strip him.
I remember that, and have also tryed many times to come in and do this to ABSOLUTELY no avail, not to mention my player will usually just slide off when tryed to add into the gang tackle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »