Home

Will Training be Revised?

This is a discussion on Will Training be Revised? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2009, 10:22 PM   #9
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Will Training be Revised?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckinAPhilliezhat
I actually dont agree with this idea..unless you are replacing them with new training modes I dont feel this is a step in the right direction for an improved franchise mode..I dont see how training individual players to help them improve never made sense.

As for improving speed..I think it should take longer to achieve but the option shouldnt be removed. For those who want to build a fast team that will be a major lost. Just giving my two cents before anybody gets the idea that nobody wants live training camps/modes.
Pre-season stuff is cool, but the constant weekly training is hardly realisitic.

As much as we I hate to make 2K comparison, I did love that game, and that's how it should be done. It's a win/lose situation. Players would tire more quickly, risk injury, and the boosts were temporary, with marginal increases over the length of the season.

You build teams through the draft, that's how you get fast, that's realism.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:25 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckinAPhilliezhat
I actually dont agree with this idea..unless you are replacing them with new training modes I dont feel this is a step in the right direction for an improved franchise mode..I dont see how training individual players to help them improve never made sense.

As for improving speed..I think it should take longer to achieve but the option shouldnt be removed. For those who want to build a fast team that will be a major lost. Just giving my two cents before anybody gets the idea that nobody wants live training camps/modes.
I didn't say anything other than we'll remove those mini-games to train and rehab your players.

The parts that don't make sense IMO are when you have your players out running 40 yard dashes to get faster. Or worse, when you have your QB with a separated shoulder and the way to get him better is to have him do reps of 225.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:31 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 27

^^^ LOL. That's nothing... I seem to recall once having a player who had a broken neck or some kind of spinal injury get up and walk off the field, lol. It would've been at least a little more believable if they had Benny Hinn run out and touch him real quick or something...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2009, 10:32 PM   #12
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I didn't say anything other than we'll remove those mini-games to train and rehab your players.

The parts that don't make sense IMO are when you have your players out running 40 yard dashes to get faster. Or worse, when you have your QB with a separated shoulder and the way to get him better is to have him do reps of 225.

lol, and when you improve your kickers leg strength by bench pressing
Old 03-22-2009, 10:37 PM   #13
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

True that.

I don't think improving speed should be apart of training, it should be like in the legacy gen Madden where it happens based on performance, and not very often even then.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:38 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
True that.

I don't think improving speed should be apart of training, it should be like in the legacy gen Madden where it happens based on performance, and not very often even then.
+1

Old 03-22-2009, 10:44 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
We're probably just going to get rid of the mini-game based training for progression and for injury rehab.

Never made much sense IMO.
THANK YOU!!! I have been waiting for this one for a long minute.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2009, 11:03 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
We're probably just going to get rid of the mini-game based training for progression and for injury rehab.

Never made much sense IMO.
THANK YOU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »