Home

Will Training be Revised?

This is a discussion on Will Training be Revised? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2009, 11:26 PM   #17
Rookie

c dizzy m baby's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Will Training be Revised?

Players can get faster imo, and imo I'd just make it so no one player can gain more than 1-5 points in their career.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:57 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 8

The only time I could see someone improve his speed (and not by much) is when you sometimes see players who try and lose weight (whether muscle or fat) either because they were out of shape or because they're changing positions (like from a small LB transitioning to a safety). I don't think we're going to see anything like weight fluctuations anytime soon, so I think the choice to remove mini-games is a good one (especially the week-to-week system, which was tiring and I felt forced to do them to improve my team).
Old 03-23-2009, 01:23 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

noooo

it gives us a way of coaching our players, i play man 2 man in my franchise, i bring up there shutdown corner....now i haaave to find the best man 2 man corner and hooope he progresses in that category? i disagree, speed obviously is dumb, but not acc, str, or any technic category, please

maybe position coaches that effect the way players progress, could be a cool way of making coaches important, which they r xtremely, look at san deigo the last 4 yrs

basic position coaches, ol, wr, hb, qb, dl, lb, db

like 3 diff types of coaches, physical for str, acc, jmp. one mental awr, ply rec, and one technical for that position, just an idea

ps, typin on ps3, takes so much time to b articulate...but u get the idea

Last edited by sin18; 03-23-2009 at 01:26 AM.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:25 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I didn't say anything other than we'll remove those mini-games to train and rehab your players.

The parts that don't make sense IMO are when you have your players out running 40 yard dashes to get faster. Or worse, when you have your QB with a separated shoulder and the way to get him better is to have him do reps of 225.
YES thats exactly what I was thinking! the 40 yards dash is a good measure of your speed but does not make you faster

I think the the practices during the week should give small boosts too the players overall abilities based on how they perform... I play Superstar Mode & I skip every practice during the week because I do not think they are worth the time & during the games I do not give the little boosts to my player... it's bad enough that players can reach 99 speed in a few seasons, but its worse that my 85 speed linebacker can get 2 INTs and be 99 speed the rest of the game
Old 03-23-2009, 08:39 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Finally,the progression should be just like the online update.

Ex. rating 79 speed wideout averaging 18.7 ypc his speed should be raised.

A rating 99 DT on the last ranked run defense should be dropped. etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2009, 11:12 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I didn't say anything other than we'll remove those mini-games to train and rehab your players.

The parts that don't make sense IMO are when you have your players out running 40 yard dashes to get faster. Or worse, when you have your QB with a separated shoulder and the way to get him better is to have him do reps of 225.
dang ian..you only reply when I disagree with you lol but I get what your saying..I just dont want everything to become "press a button and your player just worked out" ..you know?
Old 03-23-2009, 11:27 AM   #23
Rookie

Gotta keep the training camps, just make the point system more like last generation, where you get one camp in the preseason, get acouple points to add to basic things, tackling, hitting, coverage, passrush, catching, carrying(HUUUGE), throw acc,accel, maybe agi, str, all depending on position and drill.

Unless there is a serious upgrade to the progression system and a way to effect how our players progress, coaches can coach up players on their weaknesses... certain coverage skills, tackling, ball carrying, hit power, ball skills, passrush.

The current system is a way of effecting the progression to reflect your system.

Tell me most of you don't look forward to the off season in order to draft/trade for players, get a FA or two, and then do some minicamps(mostly in previous years, but you get the 4 extra camps for 3 xtra players in preseason) in order to get your youngest players better either in their weaknesses, or what you need to be a strength, i know i do. Getting my youngest players better with those camps are like the #1 thing in madden, because i can take a young WR, CB, RB or QB, and take him from joe shmoe to a superstar over the cource of his career. I

it will be soo hard to do that with defensive players esspecially without some minicamps.

if no camps then please focus alot of time and effort on a good progression system
Old 03-23-2009, 11:37 AM   #24
Rookie

Its not like it's easy right now to make some regular guy amazing tho

i know guys like Asomugha, and Bailey are hard to come by, but even now in a franchise i am actively doing, i traded for Anthony Cromartie, a big, physical, very physically gifted player, his coverage skills are...okay, all mid 80s. It is literally going to take me years, and seriously like 40 successful 7 point all madden drills vs my number one receiver in order to get him to the same page as those guys(99 m2m, 99 bump) and that doesn't even count getting his awareness and play recoginition up.

And i have to do it through the camps because he won't progress, he's even my number 2 corner. I focus on my D, so it's a beast secondary this year esspecially. Asomugha is my number 1, i've got 2 beast safeties(horton, and a draft pic) and Anthony Cromartie who is a 92 overall is my number 2 corner going against and usually beasting on mid 80 receivers, i give him the most help to because..i don't have to help asomugha at all.
I play most of the games...he's a beast, i rock the computer even with special sliders to make it more realistic, but he won't progress, 1 time he gained a point, 1 to all his coverage skills and like 2 to awarenss...but 1? my pass D is always top 10, usually top 3, and thats without getting a damn sack almost ever.

you got to have something, old camp system was probably best, 9 camps, 9 ppl, 1 time, acouple categories. But current system doesn't suuuck..it's just not perfect. But what is? don't just throw it out

Last edited by sin18; 03-23-2009 at 11:41 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »