Home

Ian, Please Do Something About CPU Running!

This is a discussion on Ian, Please Do Something About CPU Running! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2009, 12:06 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 35
Re: Ian, Please Do Something About CPU Running!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron2k7
See..... that's what I'm talking about.... I wish I could feel the same way. It would be so awesome to actually game plan and be affraid of really good RB's like that. I'm surprised to hear the the cpu can run against you. Are you playing on the 360 ?
Ya i am, i wanna make perfectly clear tho! Those are the only 2 that can run on me, and they dont do that every game but they have more than once.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:09 AM   #10
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Ya i am, i wanna make perfectly clear tho! Those are the only 2 that can run on me, and they dont do that every game but they have more than once.
yes i've played many many seasons of franchise. and once in a while some running back will have my number. Jacobs has had over 175 on me a few times, westbrook had a couple good games, and you know what? those were probably my favorite games. too bad they are so few and far between.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:11 AM   #11
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

OVR: 12

If I may ask..... Are you using custom sliders, and do you also (like me) have your Run D slider at least at 19 or 20...?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2009, 12:22 AM   #12
Banned

Quote:
If I may ask..... Are you using custom sliders, and do you also (like me) have your Run D slider at least at 19 or 20...?
i use the custom sliders on only Running offense, but running D right now is at a 15 for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
yes i've played many many seasons of franchise. and once in a while some running back will have my number. Jacobs has had over 175 on me a few times, westbrook had a couple good games, and you know what? those were probably my favorite games. too bad they are so few and far between.
i know mine are too
Old 03-23-2009, 12:35 AM   #13
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

What do you use for your running offense sliders...?

I'm just curious, cuz I've been doing a lot of experimenting lately.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:42 AM   #14
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Yes, the cpu running game is almost always pretty poor and inconsistent. It needs some attention badly.

Although a few times with my run defense set at 20...the cpu shocked me and broke off some big gains. But still too few and far between. Hoping for a much more balanced experience with '10'.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:44 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
What do you use for your running offense sliders...?

I'm just curious, cuz I've been doing a lot of experimenting lately.
I use a 5, it may sound low but some defenses hold me in check and btw i put my run defense slider to a 19 and held the Eagles to 26 yds on 14 carries and Westbrook to 21 yards on 13 carries.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2009, 01:52 AM   #16
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Yes, the cpu running game is almost always pretty poor and inconsistent. It needs some attention badly.

Although a few times with my run defense set at 20...the cpu shocked me and broke off some big gains. But still too few and far between. Hoping for a much more balanced experience with '10'.
Agreed.
When it's set at 20, you'll get the occasional big outside run by the cpu. Anything up the middle is pretty much still completely shut down. It's sad.

I was really hoping sliders would fix it more than they do. I'm going to resort back to some experimenting with the "dummy profile method" and see if I crank up the running on the dummy side if that will get some better results.
Last time I tried though, it was annoying because when you turn up the break tackles section of running settings for the dummy profile, it makes everyone break tackles like gods, not just the RB's. WR's will catch a ball and take it to the house way too often because no one will tackle them after the catch.

It's frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »