Home

Button Smashing or Lazy Bones?

This is a discussion on Button Smashing or Lazy Bones? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Button Smasher or Lazy Fingers
Button Smashing (2k Games) 38 46.34%
Trigger (EA Games) 44 53.66%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2009, 11:58 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Button Smashing or Lazy Bones?

Do you like smashing the A button like crazy, like in 2k games, when running with the ball.

Or are you the guy who wants to hit the R Trigger and know he has his guy at full speed?

I am the button smashing guy. It seems so much more realistic to me. When tapping A when wrapped up to break a tackle I feel as if I am controlling his feet and the more I push the button the more he drives his feet and keeps them moving. And when I hold it to charge to release a move I feel like I am actually building something up. To me holding down the trigger has no realism to it at all.

Which one are you, and why are you that way?

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 03-18-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 12:05 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 35
Re: Button Smashing or Lazy Bones?

Button smasher! To me its more dramatic, such as you break into the open field, Its a foot race to the end zone! Its just funner and more exciting to tap like crazy to get away from the defender to chase someone than it is to Hold down the right trigger button!
Old 03-18-2009, 12:07 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 16

Button tapping-for the same reasons you said. It feels like you're actually working to break out of a takcle, etc. It feels more like you are controlling the player's running than just holding the trigger does.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:18 AM   #4
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53

Just take out any kind of sprint/turbo button altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:52 AM   #5
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

I've been a trigger man myself but only cause I stop playing 2k (cousin borrowed it and haven't seen it since) but I would love it if EA installed button pushing for speed....def. adds a sense of realism

AREVA DERCHE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 01:01 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 13

I kind of fall somewhere in the middle. I love the button smashing for the old wrap tackle breakout deal, and love the idea of a risk/reward build-up by holding feature, but I like the x button to turn on the sprint. I say x button very deliberately because the trigger deal (and in fact the changing of controls from the last gen) is the worst thing to happen to Madden.

The trigger deal is too unrealistic, at least with the x/A button sprint you had to let off the sprint in order to spin/dive/hurdle/ and perform the R-stick moves. I am ok with sprinting stiff-arms and "cut moves" (please, please, please bring the old school controls back!!!) as long as the animation still slows the player's forward progress slightly.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:14 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 10
Red face Re: Button Smashing or Lazy Bones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Do you like smashing the A button like crazy, like in 2k games, when running with the ball.

Or are you the guy who wants to hit the R Trigger and know he has his guy at full speed?

I am the button smashing guy. It seems so much more realistic to me. When tapping A when wrapped up to break a tackle I feel as if I am controlling his feet and the more I push the button the more he drives his feet and keeps them moving. And when I hold it to charge to release a move I feel like I am actually building something up. To me holding down the trigger has no realism to it at all.

Which one are you, and why are you that way?
i voted right trigger because one less game that contributes to jamming my controller buttons is a plus for me but if it does make it in the game i'll contact you for replacing my controller with the jammed "A" button
Old 03-18-2009, 07:22 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 33

Tapping isn't more realistic than holding a trigger.

In Madden , you spam the spin button to break out tackles neway, so its already in the game.

Spamming to run is not realistic. I guess we should reinvent the passing system because pressing an icon on a receivers head is unrealistic too?

Leave the trigger as it is. Nearly every single sports game has the trigger button for turbo and it should stay that way.

We're playing football, not street fighter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »