Home

Weather stats when kicking a feild goal/Orange flags on the goal posts

This is a discussion on Weather stats when kicking a feild goal/Orange flags on the goal posts within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-23-2009, 01:46 AM   #1

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Weather stats when kicking a feild goal/Orange flags on the goal posts

I was playing madden 09 earlier online and, I was in the windy city playing the Chicago Bears. As i went to kick a field goal i didn't realize how strong the wind was pushing to one side and, the only time you get to see wind stats is before the game starts, by then your so into the game you forget about the wind. Now i did not have to angle the arrow to kick the ball because, i was already lined up straight with the goal post.

This was not a goal line kick i was about 25 yards out making it about a 30 or 35 yarder. I kick the ball and, its dead on couldn't be straighter but the wind pushes it to the to the left missing it by 5 feet. I thought to myself why isn't the flags flapping around at the top of the goal posts to show how powerful the wind is because, i would have angeled to the right a bit so it doesn't push to the left and miss. Oh yeah thats right there are none but they are in real games!!!

So you see it on sunday you see it in the game huh??? we'll see!!!
EA at least take the time to make wind stats to pop up when you your about to kick a field goal if you don't put up the orange flags on top of each side of the goal post, it might save you a close game in the future maybe... think about it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2009, 04:03 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Weather stats when kicking a feild goal/Orange flags on the goal posts

Flags above the goal posts are a must.

Although it may seem unrealistc for a kicker to know the exact wind strength. He just throws grass up into the air and figures it out.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:21 PM   #3

SouthernBrick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Flags above the goal posts are a must.

Although it may seem unrealistc for a kicker to know the exact wind strength. He just throws grass up into the air and figures it out.
well yeah i agree
Old 03-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 17

Hopefully we get the nets and flags like NCAA.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

While we are on the subject of kickers, how about Madden 10 getting the shoe color of the kickers correct? The black shoe goes on the kicking foot, not the plant foot. Last gen had it down, why can't this one? It really bugs me to see this reversed on everyone except Seabass(He's a lefty). Also, how about some heighth and distance on those kicks. These are NFL kickers for goodness sakes. How many times in a telecast do you hear that the kickers were making them from 60 yards out in pre game. Maybe, to keep people from kicking long fiels goals all day, they could make it where the timing had to be near perfect to make it from over 50(as in real life). Also, some heighth on those kicks please. These are the best in the nation, so stop making them kick like backup jr high kickers. No more weak line drives please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2009, 07:55 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

True... I'd say give me the flags on the posts, and don't give me the wind direction let me judge it by the flags...

Heck give me the option to throw some grass up in the air as well

The kicking game definitely needs work.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:36 AM   #7

SouthernBrick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLuX
Hopefully we get the nets and flags like NCAA.
don't we already have the nets going up once your getting ready to kick???
Old 03-24-2009, 01:55 AM   #8

SouthernBrick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor-17
While we are on the subject of kickers, how about Madden 10 getting the shoe color of the kickers correct? The black shoe goes on the kicking foot, not the plant foot. Last gen had it down, why can't this one? It really bugs me to see this reversed on everyone except Seabass(He's a lefty). Also, how about some heighth and distance on those kicks. These are NFL kickers for goodness sakes. How many times in a telecast do you hear that the kickers were making them from 60 yards out in pre game. Maybe, to keep people from kicking long fiels goals all day, they could make it where the timing had to be near perfect to make it from over 50(as in real life). Also, some heighth on those kicks please. These are the best in the nation, so stop making them kick like backup jr high kickers. No more weak line drives please.
I don't know to much about the color of the shoes, but i believe they will since they fixed the jersey problems and, big burger only had one glove so i think they will go deeper into what they wear specifically. yes that would definitly be a problem if people could kick from 60 to 50 yards every time.

Also the higher it goes the more chance the wind is going to push it into a different direction unless the wind is to your back to push it forward.

Height is good but, i would think that kickers would wanna kick it outward more than upward but i don't know to much about kicking. I know that they have to kick it high enough to keep from being blocked but i believe thats about as high as they wanna go when kicking a long field goal. I just want some flags up.

Telling by the detailed screen shot today there just might be some on the horizon...As a madden fan i care much more about the gameplay and other things than some flags but, little things matter. Just look at how people went bananas over hand towels. Just wanted to get that out there!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »