Home

Blocking in the Back?

This is a discussion on Blocking in the Back? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
Blocking in the Back?

I get blocked in the back several times a game on Madden 09, and so do other players on my team and it happens to the CPU team as well, and there is never a flag thrown for it...will this be fixed for Madden 2010?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Blocking in the Back?

Penalties overall need reworked.

As it is now, they dont play a role in the game.

Ill be mad if they put refs on the field but dont fix penalties.

If its pass interference, I want to see it. Facemask, same thing. Holding might be a little tough to do, but it could happen.

More pre snap penalties, especially for undisciplined players (false start, encroachment, offsides, etc...)

Bad calls that can be challenged and overturned. Seems like challenges are just in there for show. CPU pretty much always wins. If a player is near the sidelines, and steps out, but just barely, how about having the ref miss it? Stuff like that?

I understand some of this may be unrealistic to ask for this year, but by Madden 2011, I dont see why these things cant be implemented.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Penalties overall need reworked.

As it is now, they dont play a role in the game.

Ill be mad if they put refs on the field but dont fix penalties.

If its pass interference, I want to see it. Facemask, same thing. Holding might be a little tough to do, but it could happen.

More pre snap penalties, especially for undisciplined players (false start, encroachment, offsides, etc...)

Bad calls that can be challenged and overturned. Seems like challenges are just in there for show. CPU pretty much always wins. If a player is near the sidelines, and steps out, but just barely, how about having the ref miss it? Stuff like that?

I understand some of this may be unrealistic to ask for this year, but by Madden 2011, I dont see why these things cant be implemented.
As soon as penalties start occurring in Madden as much as they do in the NFL people will complain there are too many penalties. There needs to be a balance to keep the game fun as well.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:15 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
As soon as penalties start occurring in Madden as much as they do in the NFL people will complain there are too many penalties. There needs to be a balance to keep the game fun as well.
Well, I do agree, if its not done right it could suck, but if there is a penalty slider that works, players could set it to their liking.

Also, it should vary game by game, and team by team.

Players with alot of undisciplined players and coaches would have a better chance to incur more penalties than disciplined teams.

Also, some games would be different than others. Some games may get called more strictly.

Penalties are frustrating in real life, so they should be in the game as well. Not to the point it makes it frustrating to play, but in a football SIM, that element needs to be there.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:18 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 28

ONe thing at a time. First thing is to have all of the actual penalties in the game. Madden doesn't even have all of the real penalties of the NFL. Where is the illegal contact penalty. You can control a DB and smash the receiver on his route after 5 yards and if the ball isn't thrown you won't see anything called.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2009, 01:21 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Well, I do agree, if its not done right it could suck, but if there is a penalty slider that works, players could set it to their liking.

Also, it should vary game by game, and team by team.

Players with alot of undisciplined players and coaches would have a better chance to incur more penalties than disciplined teams.

Also, some games would be different than others. Some games may get called more strictly.

Penalties are frustrating in real life, so they should be in the game as well. Not to the point it makes it frustrating to play, but in a football SIM, that element needs to be there.
Good points.. I would much rather see a variety in the calls not necessarily the amount of them. So once you have variety and a penalty slider everyone should be satisfied.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »