Home

Madden NFL 10 Screenshot (Peter Moore Blog)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Screenshot (Peter Moore Blog) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2009, 03:05 PM   #697
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 10 Screenshot (Peter Moore Blog)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94niners
Am I impressed with the shot? Yes, in the sense that I see that it is an upgrade, and a very nice one. Am I froathing at the mouth over it? No, not at all. I believe the screen shot looks excellent. It does. Only a moron would say otherwise. It looks better than any other football game ever, including All Pro, etc. It is simply a really good shot. Period. Nothing more, nothing less. Does this mean I think the game is automatically going to be good? NO. You are assuming because people think the screen shot is excellent that they automatically think that the GAME will be excellent, or that they do not see that it still does have flaws. Perhaps there are some, but I am not one.

You have painted a world of black and white, where there are those who mindlessly believe the screen shot means the game will be the best of all time, and people like you. But there are far more shades of grey. You are as mindless in your refusal to admit that it is a really good screen shot as the people you made up in your head who believe the picture is perfect or that it means that the game will be good (I do not believe any one of those two necessary follows from a good screen shot). But perhaps you are too singleminded to think out side of childlike dichotomies, it seems...

Like I said, take the caricature you're making of everyone and retire it. Or better yet, I think you know what you should do with it...

You're probably an angry 2k fan boy, and like I said, this brings me joy, your misery, but at the same time, I pitty you for being the virgin that you are... taking a video game so seriously... only a virgin would...

So yeah, it's YOU that needs to get laid.

EDIT- For you mister "I see the world in only a childlike dichotomy."

You see? It isn't just that it is a nice looking screen shot. It's that the developers are listening and modifying the game to our wishes and suggestions. Not even 2K did that... I'd say that's reason to at least be happy with the direction things are going. But of course, maybe if I was a virgin like you and never tasted the sweetness that is the flesh of a woman, maybe I would think otherwise... living in a cold, black and white world devoid of the touch of a woman must be so hard.... you have my pity.
Dude I love how you took my response to you and make it look as if I was attacking everyone who liked the screenshot. I just said it's not proof of improved gameplay. I'm done with the back and forth though as your obsession with the "getting laid" thing obviously let's us know the truth of your character. Lol i'm out.

Last edited by FadeEmAll; 03-24-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:09 PM   #698
Rookie

OVR: 5

By far he best looking online football game ever if it stands up to the posted picture. Add to that the crew working on franchise mode and we may have a winner folks!
Old 03-24-2009, 03:09 PM   #699
tcp
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94niners
I "probably won't check them out?" Excatly what in all of my responses has convinced you that I am the type of person who is unwilling to change my opinion based upon new evidence?

I am currently looking at the forum, but just in case you are right that Sports Interactive has even more than the lead designers interacting and changing the game based upon requests of gamers, I'll just rephrase my statement:

It hasn't been done with "mainstream" football titles like Madden, 2K, NFL fever, etc. Large budjet games, etc.

There, satisfied? Now if you provide evidence that that is incorrect, I will adjust my opinion, like I do in all things.
Football Manager is a huge game. Has a big budget. Has a huge community. I don't see how its that different. Yeah, EA puts a few more millions on the game, but they are both mainstream.

I thought you wouldnt check them out because you have to register.

So, all in all, it's nothing new. It's new for Madden though. And it's great to have that kind of feedback. I just dont want Ian to love me - I just want him to fix the game so I can finally leave Dan and Peter rest for a little.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:09 PM   #700
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Dude I love how you took my response to you and make it look as if I was attacking everyone who liked the screenshot. I just said it's not proof of improved gameplay. I'm done with the back and forth though as your obsession with "getting laid" thing obviously let's us know the truth of your character. Lol i'm out
Yes, it is true, I have poor character. I am an arrogant son of a bitch, and I enjoy screwing with people. However, I haven't seen where you have not assumed that anyone liking the screen shot was automatically thinking that the game would therefore be great. In the very least your posts imply that that is what you believe.

What I have seen is that people are being HOPEFUL that the game will be good because the screen shot shows that the developers are putting in what they have requested.

There is a big difference between that and just getting excited because the screen shot looks nice. It's not the screen shot, it's that the screen shot is yet one more confirmation that the developers are listening to posters and are making an attempt to modify the game in the way that the posters have requested.

Have fun doing whatever it is you do. Hasta.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:15 PM   #701
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

700!

Nice job Ian, Phil, and the rest of you guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2009, 03:15 PM   #702
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcp
Football Manager is a huge game. Has a big budget. Has a huge community. I don't see how its that different. Yeah, EA puts a few more millions on the game, but they are both mainstream.

I thought you wouldnt check them out because you have to register.

So, all in all, it's nothing new. It's new for Madden though. And it's great to have that kind of feedback. I just dont want Ian to love me - I just want him to fix the game so I can finally leave Dan and Peter rest for a little.
There actually is a faqs page and a wiki page, which I am currently looking at. Further, there is a forum you can look at. See here:

http://community.sigames.com/index.php

^^ I assume that is what you're talking about?

How big is the development team, the management, the marketing team, etc? How much money does it cost (roughly) to produce the game? What kind of sales do they have? These are all factors, and unless this game has all of these in a similar magnetude to Madden, 2K, NFL Fever, etc, I don't really see how they are relavent to the discussion. There CERTAINLY couldn't be a marketing team of the same magnetude, in the least.

Although interesting, I've never heard of the game until you mentioned it. So, what is this game exactly?
Old 03-24-2009, 03:25 PM   #703
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

I think a lot of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Most of you are adults yet you're conversing in here like a bunch of spoiled children. Knock it off now!

I'm not going to go back and give infractions out to everyone in this thread that deserves one. I don't have that type of free time. I'll just say this.

Anyone who commits an infraction IN THIS THREAD from this post on will be suspended from OS for 2 weeks. We're tired of dealing with this immature crap.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:27 PM   #704
tcp
Rookie

OVR: 1

Informally, its a football (soccer) game where you are the HC/GM and control the team.

It's not big in the USA, but it's incredibly huge in Europe/Asia/South America. Although not always legally heheh :/

It's the biggest in it's genre.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »