Home

"Fight for every yard." Who could it be????

This is a discussion on "Fight for every yard." Who could it be???? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NBA 2K22 Review: The Best 2K Game in Years
FIFA 22 First Impressions
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2009, 04:55 PM   #17
MVP
 
OVR: 25
Join Date: Jul 2008
Blog Entries: 8
Re: "Fight for every yard." Who could it be????

Maybe one of the top offensive linemen from last year? Justin Blalock, Steve Hutchinson, Chris Snee, Michael Roos, Nick Mangold, Shaun O'Hara, Ryan Clady, Olin Kreutz, and Chris Samuels performed exceptionally last season.

Some stellar defensive linemen? How about guys like Haloti Ngata, Justin Tuck, Jonathan Babineaux, Kevin Williams, Aaron Smith, and Kris Jenkins? All of them graded out very well for me last year.

Problem is that about 98% of the general public won't know who the heck these guys are.

Last edited by AlexBrady; 03-23-2009 at 04:59 PM.
AlexBrady is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #18
Rookie
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Brighton
Re: "Fight for every yard." Who could it be????

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
Maybe one of the top offensive linemen from last year? Justin Blalock, Steve Hutchinson, Chris Snee, Michael Roos, Nick Mangold, Shaun O'Hara, Ryan Clady, Olin Kreutz, and Chris Samuels performed exceptionally last season.

Some stellar defensive linemen? How about guys like Haloti Ngata, Justin Tuck, Jonathan Babineaux, Kevin Williams, Aaron Smith, and Kris Jenkins?

Problem is that about 98% of the general public wont know who the heck these guys are.
This is what I mean though. Who doesn't buy a game because they don't like the coverplayer?

If a guy won't touch a game because Chris Snee is on the front he's got no right to play.

An OL/DL'man might make some sim gamers MORE likely to look twice at the game, and that's who Ian is looking to pull in with his new ethic.

I would absolutely love it if a lineman were on the front...it would call out to me gritty realism sim as opposed to the arcadey window dressing fanciness of the past.
Golden28 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:02 PM   #19
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jul 2008
Re: "Fight for every yard." Who could it be????

Jordan Gross!

Maybe not...
Krodis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:04 PM   #20
MVP
 
OVR: 25
Join Date: Jul 2008
Blog Entries: 8
Re: "Fight for every yard." Who could it be????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden28
This is what I mean though. Who doesn't buy a game because they don't like the coverplayer?

If a guy won't touch a game because Chris Snee is on the front he's got no right to play.

An OL/DL'man might make some sim gamers MORE likely to look twice at the game, and that's who Ian is looking to pull in with his new ethic.

I would absolutely love it if a lineman were on the front...it would call out to me gritty realism sim as opposed to the arcadey window dressing fanciness of the past.
I would enjoy a linemen on the cover as well but it isnt a realistic goal. We live in the fantasy football era where if you don't put up eye popping stats then you are useless.
AlexBrady is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:05 PM   #21
Rookie
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Brighton
Re: "Fight for every yard." Who could it be????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krodis
Jordan Gross!

Maybe not...

Why not?

IMO he's every bit as important to the Panthers as, say, an Adrian Petersen or Tom Brady for their respective teams.
Golden28 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2009, 05:08 PM   #22
MVP
 
OVR: 25
Join Date: Jul 2008
Blog Entries: 8
Re: "Fight for every yard." Who could it be????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden28
Why not?

IMO he's every bit as important to the Panthers as, say, an Adrian Petersen or Tom Brady for their respective teams.
I would say yes to Gross if he wasn't coming off of an average season (for him). Guys like Gross, Dielman, and Clifton dissapointed me this past year.
AlexBrady is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:08 PM   #23
Rookie
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Brighton
Re: "Fight for every yard." Who could it be????

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
I would enjoy a linemen on the cover as well but it isnt a realistic goal. We live in the fantasy football era where if you don't put up eye popping stats then you are useless.
I hear you.

Shame that it's that way.

How about the whole of the Steelers front line on the cover with fast Willie breaking through?

Best of both worlds right there!
Golden28 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:08 PM   #24
Banned
 
FootballDetails's Arena
 
OVR: 30
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,182
Re: "Fight for every yard." Who could it be????

Great to see Csonka, J.R. Locke!
FootballDetails is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:37 AM.

Top -