Home

"Fight for every yard." Who could it be????

This is a discussion on "Fight for every yard." Who could it be???? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NBA 2K22 Review: The Best 2K Game in Years
FIFA 22 First Impressions
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-23-2009, 04:55 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: "Fight for every yard." Who could it be????

Maybe one of the top offensive linemen from last year? Justin Blalock, Steve Hutchinson, Chris Snee, Michael Roos, Nick Mangold, Shaun O'Hara, Ryan Clady, Olin Kreutz, and Chris Samuels performed exceptionally last season.

Some stellar defensive linemen? How about guys like Haloti Ngata, Justin Tuck, Jonathan Babineaux, Kevin Williams, Aaron Smith, and Kris Jenkins? All of them graded out very well for me last year.

Problem is that about 98% of the general public won't know who the heck these guys are.

Last edited by AlexBrady; 03-23-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
Maybe one of the top offensive linemen from last year? Justin Blalock, Steve Hutchinson, Chris Snee, Michael Roos, Nick Mangold, Shaun O'Hara, Ryan Clady, Olin Kreutz, and Chris Samuels performed exceptionally last season.

Some stellar defensive linemen? How about guys like Haloti Ngata, Justin Tuck, Jonathan Babineaux, Kevin Williams, Aaron Smith, and Kris Jenkins?

Problem is that about 98% of the general public wont know who the heck these guys are.
This is what I mean though. Who doesn't buy a game because they don't like the coverplayer?

If a guy won't touch a game because Chris Snee is on the front he's got no right to play.

An OL/DL'man might make some sim gamers MORE likely to look twice at the game, and that's who Ian is looking to pull in with his new ethic.

I would absolutely love it if a lineman were on the front...it would call out to me gritty realism sim as opposed to the arcadey window dressing fanciness of the past.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:02 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Jordan Gross!

Maybe not...
Old 03-23-2009, 05:04 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden28
This is what I mean though. Who doesn't buy a game because they don't like the coverplayer?

If a guy won't touch a game because Chris Snee is on the front he's got no right to play.

An OL/DL'man might make some sim gamers MORE likely to look twice at the game, and that's who Ian is looking to pull in with his new ethic.

I would absolutely love it if a lineman were on the front...it would call out to me gritty realism sim as opposed to the arcadey window dressing fanciness of the past.
I would enjoy a linemen on the cover as well but it isnt a realistic goal. We live in the fantasy football era where if you don't put up eye popping stats then you are useless.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:05 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krodis
Jordan Gross!

Maybe not...

Why not?

IMO he's every bit as important to the Panthers as, say, an Adrian Petersen or Tom Brady for their respective teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2009, 05:08 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden28
Why not?

IMO he's every bit as important to the Panthers as, say, an Adrian Petersen or Tom Brady for their respective teams.
I would say yes to Gross if he wasn't coming off of an average season (for him). Guys like Gross, Dielman, and Clifton dissapointed me this past year.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:08 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
I would enjoy a linemen on the cover as well but it isnt a realistic goal. We live in the fantasy football era where if you don't put up eye popping stats then you are useless.
I hear you.

Shame that it's that way.

How about the whole of the Steelers front line on the cover with fast Willie breaking through?

Best of both worlds right there!
Old 03-23-2009, 05:08 PM   #24
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Great to see Csonka, J.R. Locke!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »