Home

I'm sure this is already being worked on...

This is a discussion on I'm sure this is already being worked on... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2009, 08:01 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 19
I'm sure this is already being worked on...

I decided to pop Madden 09 in, due to boredom... And completely forgot 1 gameplay aspect that was incredibly annoying... The stiff arm!

What happened to a good ol' fashioned stiff arm? Every time a stiff arm actually works in this, I get this animation where the ballcarrier tosses the defender like a rag doll.

With all the work Ian has been putting into this game, I'm sure he's aware of this. Which means it will be addressed!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 12
Re: I'm sure this is already being worked on...

I've been playing Madden '08 a little bit recently. They had stiff arms done right for the most part.

I would be shocked if I saw the "Judo Stiff Arm" make a return but I highly doubt that will happen with this team.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:09 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
I decided to pop Madden 09 in, due to boredom... And completely forgot 1 gameplay aspect that was incredibly annoying... The stiff arm!

What happened to a good ol' fashioned stiff arm? Every time a stiff arm actually works in this, I get this animation where the ballcarrier tosses the defender like a rag doll.

With all the work Ian has been putting into this game, I'm sure he's aware of this. Which means it will be addressed!
Oh right, I don't know who's bright idea that was, but when Leon Washington judo slams a LBer like he was a 5 year old kid, it kinda looks stupid.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:13 PM   #4
Banned

Haha yea, I don't mind if it's maybe a power guy and it happens on occasion, but it shouldn't be the ONLY stiff arm we see.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:46 PM   #5
Rookie

Atomic Martian's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah I wanna see a stiff arm animation were the rb stiff arms the db but db is able to fight thru it and push the rb out of bounds
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2009, 09:07 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Martian
Yeah I wanna see a stiff arm animation were the rb stiff arms the db but db is able to fight thru it and push the rb out of bounds
There are some situations like that, but it's rare in Madden.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:12 PM   #7
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Yeah, seriously, I was just thinking about that today. I don't know maybe we missed something, with all of the unnecessary Madden threads going around it's really hard for me to believe that this is the first one that's been started about the ridiculous stiff arming.

The last game of Madden I played I was on the goal line and a DT got into the backfield, Matt Forte just muffed the guy and casually strolled in for six, I died laughing as I turned the game off knowing I would never play it again.

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Old 03-24-2009, 04:11 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.a.sick
Yeah, seriously, I was just thinking about that today. I don't know maybe we missed something, with all of the unnecessary Madden threads going around it's really hard for me to believe that this is the first one that's been started about the ridiculous stiff arming.

The last game of Madden I played I was on the goal line and a DT got into the backfield, Matt Forte just muffed the guy and casually strolled in for six, I died laughing as I turned the game off knowing I would never play it again.
It's really silly. And the thing that bothers me MOST about the stiff arm, is that there's no real interaction or struggle. Especially in those 1 on 1 situations. How about we get a lot of various stiff arm interactions?

Please see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJrrbsUAaD0

Don't get me wrong... the judo stiff arm has occurred in real life several times, just not frequently.

Please see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06ibcmu0qIM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj67JNQv5Ak

Last edited by MRxAmazing; 03-24-2009 at 04:16 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »