Home

Will Madden 10 force gamers to have creative offensive schemes?

This is a discussion on Will Madden 10 force gamers to have creative offensive schemes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 03-24-2009, 04:12 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Will Madden 10 force gamers to have creative offensive schemes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_c993
I honestly hate people who use these exploits!
1. It takes the fun out of rankings and games in general.
2.It makes the games you play online feel "fake" in a way.
3. Most people that use these plays would not be good if they didn't have them.
Which is why there should be a rating system and a penalty for people with high negative ratings, or with high "cheeser" ratings.

They need to add this in. It really worked for All Pro football, back when I played it.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:22 PM   #10
Rookie

nsilvano21's Arena

OVR: 4

if they had cheese ratings u might have a choice of playin 20 or so people online lol. everyone is cheap these days. if EA would some how eliminate this by the way they build the game, it would crack me up to see these cheesers have to play real football. it would probably be the same as playing a little kid in this game.

I already heard some guys say if they make it too "sim" and take out the rocket catch or the stuff we classify as "cheese" they wouldnt play the game anymore. i hope that happens. we dont need those kinds of gamers playing a football game. if you want fantasy and make belief, go play zelda or super mario bros.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:27 PM   #11
Pro

I agree online cheaters destroy this game but most people think it's the guys who play on madden nation our tournament. We as tourny people want a sim game just as much as the sim guys do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2009, 04:27 PM   #12
Banned

Maybe, or maybe more people would learn to play the game the way it is suppossed to be played?

Regardless, I DON'T CARE if there are only 20 legitimate players. I want to know WHO THEY ARE so I can play ONLY against THEM.

I STILL say we need user ratings for online games, even if it means there are only 20 players who won't be negatively rated.

Last edited by 94niners; 03-24-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:37 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 25

The issue is that CHEEZE play has been in madden FOREVER. In tourneys (i have been to a few and would never want to play anyone in them) cheeze play is encouraged mainly because the tourney scene is not about football but about cheezin and high score and goofy tactics.

If they were forced to play SIM, not enen 5% of them would make it past the 1st game.

Cheeze made me decide to quit playing online altogether. Only played 7 games of 09 online and they all cheezed. Madden 09 is still where i left it back in october, collecting dust.

Been playing NHL 09 head to head with my son and friends.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:46 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
The issue is that CHEEZE play has been in madden FOREVER. In tourneys (i have been to a few and would never want to play anyone in them) cheeze play is encouraged mainly because the tourney scene is not about football but about cheezin and high score and goofy tactics.

If they were forced to play SIM, not enen 5% of them would make it past the 1st game.

Cheeze made me decide to quit playing online altogether. Only played 7 games of 09 online and they all cheezed. Madden 09 is still where i left it back in october, collecting dust.

whoa cheez play is mainly online with the guys who can't play the game. I was a sim player before I became a tourny player and to say not even 5% would do good if we had to play sim is crazy. Yea we do exploits but it's because other people do and it's for money, if this game was all the way sim not only would tourny players love it but the sim guys can come and play too. The tourny scene is about being competitive and adjusting to the play of people from different places. Usually a tourny game hardly ever goes into high point shootout. But I agree I stopped playing madden because it was riddled with exploits and this is coming from a tourny player.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401

So don't you think an online user rating system, complete with the option to rate your opponent a "cheezer" (and a high cheezer rating would prevent the player from being ranked), would make your online experience better?

I mean, if you could look at a profile and know who was sim and who wasn't, wouldn't that make things better?

This has now become my White Knight Quest for Honor. I'm going to be like Guilotine with his handtowels with this issue...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2009, 04:52 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94niners
So don't you think an online user rating system, complete with the option to rate your opponent a "cheezer" (and a high cheezer rating would prevent the player from being ranked), would make your online experience better?

I mean, if you could look at a profile and know who was sim and who wasn't, wouldn't that make things better?

This has now become my White Knight Quest for Honor. I'm going to be like Guilotine with his handtowels with this issue...
I don't think it would make it better because there is some people who get mad over a loss and will give you bad feedback even when you played fair.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »