Home

Will Madden 10 force gamers to have creative offensive schemes?

This is a discussion on Will Madden 10 force gamers to have creative offensive schemes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 03-24-2009, 04:57 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Will Madden 10 force gamers to have creative offensive schemes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGamerLT
I don't think it would make it better because there is some people who get mad over a loss and will give you bad feedback even when you played fair.
Yeah, but that would be the exception, not the rule. A system like that is working fine for All Pro football. It's because people who want to play "sim" football are more likely to have better sportsmanship. That's why they don't look for exploits.

So, if you are playing someone with a higher rating, you're chances of getting an unfair neg rating is smaller.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:52 PM   #18
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94niners
Yeah, but that would be the exception, not the rule. A system like that is working fine for All Pro football. It's because people who want to play "sim" football are more likely to have better sportsmanship. That's why they don't look for exploits.

So, if you are playing someone with a higher rating, you're chances of getting an unfair neg rating is smaller.
oh I see I didn't know it was tested on another game, I for one would like this after playing tourny style all day a good sim game is fun.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:32 PM   #19
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
The solution to this problem is to have user rating after an online game. Specifically, there should be an option called "glitcher" or "cheeser," so you can lable them such after playing them.

Further, if a person's "cheeser" etc rating is higher than 50%, that person should not have a rank.

This solves the problem on two counts

1- it forces the ranked players to play football seriously

2- it gives warnings to players before they play an idiot cheeser.

Why is this not in the game? This almost single handedly would make the online experience leagues better.
It doesn't work. Because since there will be a million little kids playing, they will give you a bad review if you beat them clean and fair. I know this from playing APF. I got all kinds of bad rates if I won, even though I don't do any exploits and the guy I beat ran flea flickers, kicked the ball off so my player would animate out of bounds..etc.

What needs to happen is new jobs need to be created. There needs to be online monitors who review how people play games and what they say into the mic. This would finally get rid of the little kids screaming F and N and would also show who is glitching and who is not.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
It doesn't work. Because since there will be a million little kids playing, they will give you a bad review if you beat them clean and fair. I know this from playing APF. I got all kinds of bad rates if I won, even though I don't do any exploits and the guy I beat ran flea flickers, kicked the ball off so my player would animate out of bounds..etc.

What needs to happen is new jobs need to be created. There needs to be online monitors who review how people play games and what they say into the mic. This would finally get rid of the little kids screaming F and N and would also show who is glitching and who is not.
It worked for ME. My experience with it was very good. Maybe you shouldn't be playing people with low ratings? :shrugs: I mean, that's the whole point, right? I can ASSURE you that those types would have had bad ratings. So why play them?

I mean, seriously, it worked perfectly fine for me.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:58 PM   #21
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

OVR: 12

Maybe they should have 3 separate lobbies.

Lobby 1 = casual. (new players, and people not real serious)

Lobby 2 = Sim. (just like it sounds)

Lobby 3 = Free for All. (this lobby is where anything goes.... win at all costs, glitch and cheese until your hearts content.)

If a player in the Sim lobby ever gets caught glitching or cheating, or just has too many complaints against them, they would get banned from the Sim lobby, and have to resort to the Free for All lobby and play with their own kind, permanently.

They could have a separate leader board for the Sim and Free for All lobbies. We could all sit back and laugh at all the Free for All players fighting for the honor of #1 on the glitch board...lol.

Last edited by Megatron2k7; 03-24-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2009, 08:07 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron2k7
Maybe they should have 3 separate lobbies.

Lobby 1 = casual. (new players, and people not real serious)

Lobby 2 = Sim. (just like it sounds)

Lobby 3 = Free for All. (this lobby is where anything goes.... win at all costs, glitch and cheese until your hearts content.)

If a player in the Sim lobby ever gets caught glitching or cheating, or just has too many complaints against them, they would get banned from the Sim lobby, and have to resort to the Free for All lobby and play with their own kind, permanently.

They could have a separate leader board for the Sim and Free for All lobbies. We could all sit back and laugh at all the Free for All players fighting for the honor of #1 on the glitch board...lol.
That's a pretty good idea. But what kind of oversight to enforce this would there be?
Old 03-24-2009, 08:22 PM   #23
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
That's a pretty good idea. But what kind of oversight to enforce this would there be?
That's the tricky part.
If EA would pay more attention to the cheating and glitching in the Sim lobby, then one would think there really is no need for separate lobbies because the problem is already solved. That would mean we'd actually be seeing EA monitoring online play, or at least paying attention to complaints.

I guess in my idea, the amount of games that needed to be monitored would at least be a lot less, since they wouldn't have to monitor the Free for All lobby at all.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:26 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron2k7
That's the tricky part.
If EA would pay more attention to the cheating and glitching in the Sim lobby, then one would think there really is no need for separate lobbies because the problem is already solved. That would mean we'd actually be seeing EA monitoring online play, or at least paying attention to complaints.

I guess in my idea, the amount of games that needed to be monitored would at least be a lot less, since they wouldn't have to monitor the Free for All lobby at all.
Which is why I like user rating system. I also like the idea of separate lobbies. I want both.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »