Home

Will Madden 10 force gamers to have creative offensive schemes?

This is a discussion on Will Madden 10 force gamers to have creative offensive schemes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 03-24-2009, 09:25 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Will Madden 10 force gamers to have creative offensive schemes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsilvano21
we dont need those kinds of gamers playing a football game. if you want fantasy and make belief, go play zelda or super mario bros.
or Blitz the league 2 (: it is unbelievably easy and is fun when you just want some vicious no holds barred football or when you get in a slump on Madden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2009, 11:39 PM   #26
Rookie

nsilvano21's Arena

OVR: 4

lol forgot about that game
Old 03-24-2009, 11:56 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94niners
That's a pretty good idea. But what kind of oversight to enforce this would there be?
The easy solution is to have games in the Sim lobby played as unranked games, yet allow the server to track wins and losses and last 10 games. Sure some people *might* care about who is the top rated Sim player, but the majority of Sim players I have played and know simply want to play football without the BS (always have and always will)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron2k7
I guess in my idea, the amount of games that needed to be monitored would at least be a lot less, since they wouldn't have to monitor the Free for All lobby at all.
They could easily set this up so that the Sim lobby would be off limits to anyone above or below a certain rating threshold - kind of like they do for the existing "Beginner" rooms...
Old 03-24-2009, 11:58 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 35

How could you know if someones really cheesing or not? In APF 2k8 lobby games, Ive beaten people and they've gotten mad and gave me a bad rating and such.

How would that be prevented in the SIM lobby?
Old 03-25-2009, 12:09 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94niners
The solution to this problem is to have user rating after an online game. Specifically, there should be an option called "glitcher" or "cheeser," so you can lable them such after playing them.

Further, if a person's "cheeser" etc rating is higher than 50%, that person should not have a rank.

This solves the problem on two counts

1- it forces the ranked players to play football seriously

2- it gives warnings to players before they play an idiot cheeser.

Why is this not in the game? This almost single handedly would make the online experience leagues better.
So wat happens, for example, we play 20 times and I put "your a cheeser" 20 times even tho you played fairly and now you can't play ranked matches?
Old 03-25-2009, 03:42 AM   #30

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Yes me for one is tired of people dropping back 20 yards and bombing them a good 50 or 60 yards to to get a crazy gain...

I hate screen plays for one you can see them coming a mile away if your expecting it but even if you are you still can't see the whole field. So you have to play a guessing game in where the reciever is.

Thats the cheesers advantage that you can't see the whole field, but if you could see the whole field the play would be less effective.

Its pretty easy to spot the play just look for the 3 fat guys bunched up running to one side of the field together with the receiver behind em if there using the play alot .
Old 03-25-2009, 05:02 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
It doesn't work. Because since there will be a million little kids playing, they will give you a bad review if you beat them clean and fair. I know this from playing APF. I got all kinds of bad rates if I won, even though I don't do any exploits and the guy I beat ran flea flickers, kicked the ball off so my player would animate out of bounds..etc.

What needs to happen is new jobs need to be created. There needs to be online monitors who review how people play games and what they say into the mic. This would finally get rid of the little kids screaming F and N and would also show who is glitching and who is not.
Sad but true. Winning can often make you unpopular, especially if you're any good. Its been awhile since I've devoted enough attention to be "really" good at any game, but I was fairly competent at 2K5(I probably lost 1 for every 20 games I won) and I got blamed for everything from random lag, allowing the computer to run the ball for me, not running different defenses despite the fact that my "same" defense is designed to stop their 2 play offense. I even get negative feedback now playing SF4 for being "disruptive" and I don't even own a mic.

Anyway, its a great idea in theory, but it will never work. People in general are just flat out *******s, and the anonymity of the internet does nothing but enhance that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 08:39 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

Creativity to the majority is playing 5 widesets and tossing the ball to Moss on every play. I doubt anything will change with this new Madden people will always find a way to cheese and generally play like clown shoes, its sad but true

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »